This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Just in the case of the division winners. The WC team shouldn't get home field advantage outside of the WC game.
    Got it. So Atlanta tied Milwaukee and SF in series wins. Mil and SF get home field over Atl since they have a better record.
    Milwaukee had the series win against SF so they have home field over SF even though their overall record isn’t as good.
    For this season Mil gets home field over both other division winners. SF over Atl only and Atl over no one. And then WC against none of them.

Last edited by LI METS FAN; 10-17-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Sitting out here in LaLa land with Dodger fans all over the place , with many saying the check swing call left a stain so to speak on their win .

As long as Houston doesn’t win , I’m good .

One thing to add about the Giants - Dodgers . Let’s Say they tied with 106 wins . The season series was 10-9 SF , but for some reason they would have to play a one game tie breaker . Whichever team lost would have probably used their ace , so they would then have to play a rested wild card team who could use their ace . Let’s suppose it wasn’t St. Louis ... but it was the Mets who got in as the second wild card with 83 wins . A team with 106 wins would have to use their second best pitcher against deGrom who was well rested . Fair ?

4 teams in each league in the post season is the max . The 5th team has no business being in the playoffs.

Comment

Joc Pederson ties the game. I can't believe I'm rooting for the Braves. A one time deal. Next year they're the enemy. Go Travis.
        Last edited by LI METS FAN; 10-17-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
          Sitting out here in LaLa land with Dodger fans all over the place , with many saying the check swing call left a stain so to speak on their win .

As long as Houston doesn’t win , I’m good .

One thing to add about the Giants - Dodgers . Let’s Say they tied with 106 wins . The season series was 10-9 SF , but for some reason they would have to play a one game tie breaker . Whichever team lost would have probably used their ace , so they would then have to play a rested wild card team who could use their ace . Let’s suppose it wasn’t St. Louis ... but it was the Mets who got in as the second wild card with 83 wins . A team with 106 wins would have to use their second best pitcher against deGrom who was well rested . Fair ?

4 teams in each league in the post season is the max . The 5th team has no business being in the playoffs.
          Thank you!
          Put it in the books.

Comment

Ronnie just referred to Mookie Betts as Mookie Wilson, and not only did he not correct himself, his booth mates didn't correct him either.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Another Braves walk off!

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                Ronnie just referred to Mookie Betts as Mookie Wilson, and not only did he not correct himself, his booth mates didn't correct him either.
                There will only ever be one Mookie, as far as I'm concerned, and it's not Betts.
                Last edited by Mongoose; 10-17-2021, 10:12 PM.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

There will only ever be one Mookie, as far as I'm concerned, and it's not Betts.
                  Mookie Blaylock?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexS View Post

Mookie Blaylock?

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• It was sad how short those 1986 Mets were together. By the end of 1990, Mookie Wilson, Gary Carter, Keith Hernandez, Kevin Mitchell (probably the worst move by this team in decades), Lenny Dykstra, Wally Backman, Tim Teufel, Ron Darling, Bob Ojeda, Rick Aguilera, Roger McDowell, Jesse Orosco, were all gone.

Comment

• What do you guys think about possibly trading for OF Mitch Haniger if Conforto goes (which I assume he will)....maybe Dom Smith and a prospect? He may be available with a bunch of Seattle prospects looking to break into the big leagues. 2.9 war last year 122 OPS+.

I'd look to move McNeil, pass on Baez and try and sign Semien for 2b. Cano can be a bench piece/DH if they don't buy him out.

Comment

• Haniger would be another half step. The Mets can't be doing half steps right now. He has power and that's about it. We need more than one-dimensional players right.
                          Last edited by AlexS; 10-21-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Just as, for me, there will only ever be one Pudge, and it's not Ivan Rodriguez.
                            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                              Just as, for me, there will only ever be one Pudge, and it's not Ivan Rodriguez.
                              You're not the only one. It drives me nuts, though some may think that's a short trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                                Originally posted by PVNICK View Post

You're not the only one. It drives me nuts, though some may think that's a short trip.
                                Thirded. There is and always will be only one Fred Haney.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...aneyfr01.shtml

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X