Clear All

• Who's the better pitcher??

John Maine or Brian Bannister?
    John Maine
    90.48%
    Brian Bannister
    9.52%

The poll is expired.

"After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
    John Maine or Brian Bannister?
    Its not even a question
    "All shortstops can dance...Derek Jeter is a fullback with power and speed. Jose Reyes is a tailback with speed and quickness"-"analysis" of the New York shortstops' defense by the genius that is Joe Morgan

Comment

Maine, by a longshot. Aside from his low BABIP (which wasn't as freakish as people made it out to be), he doesn't project to being much of a fluke. Bannister? Uhh, K/9 ratio, BABIP, and GO/FO would all indicate a massive fluke (and while I agree that getting Burgos in return was a mistake, I do agree we should've traded the guy for Greinke or Buckner).
      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Is this a joke?
        Maine
        sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince85 View Post
          Is this a joke?
          Maine
          My thoughts exactly.
          Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Maine and I don't know that it's very close.

Comment

No Contest.

Comment

Bannister has had success in the tougher league and with a worse supporting cast.

Comment

Yes, but with nothing even resembling statistics (good, bad, or indifferent) from the rest of his professional career. Bannister developed a pitch-to-contact changeup on his own volition and used this pitch and not much else (changeup and curve with the occassional fastball...his minor league repertoire was fastball, cutter, slider, curve...also note that Bannister was a strikeout pitcher in the Minors). With Maine, he had showed flashes of his current self in the Minor Leagues and 2006 with a only a very slightly different pitch repertoire (fastball, knucklecurve as change, regular curve as opposed to fastball, changeup, slider).
                  "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                  -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X