Boone May Not Be Around For Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boone May Not Be Around For Long

New York Post (scroll down) (registration required): "Bret Boone has no illusions about making the squad and continuing his major league career unless he's able to win the starting job. "

i personally think kaz would start the season off at second base and then hernandez will be the everyday starter at second base.

www.amazin-mets.com

Boone got Kaz's locker down in Port St. Lucie.

Comment

I think Matsui is just a distraction for the Mets...What's the point of having him on the team -- he doesn't hit and he doesn't field. Just trade him for anything, or just release him outright.
      ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
      ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

just release him n give boone the job hes gotta be better than kaz
        Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

-Lou Brock-

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
          I think Matsui is just a distraction for the Mets...What's the point of having him on the team -- he doesn't hit and he doesn't field. Just trade him for anything, or just release him outright.

Now to release Kaz would mean to admit we made a mistake....Now are you insinuating we made a mistake signing him??? lololol

North of the Big Apple but missing Central Fla :atthepc

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynboy
            Now to release Kaz would mean to admit we made a mistake....Now are you insinuating we made a mistake signing him??? lololol

yes we did
            Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

-Lou Brock-

Comment

Boone May Not Be Around For Long

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S
              Release the guy and let the true competition start.
              Lets support Gil Hodges for The Hall of Fame, a true Hall of Famer.

Comment

Anyone else hear that Boone retired today?

Comment

All-Star second baseman Bret Boone retires

Kaz Matsui 1
                  Good Players 0

Still up to bat: Anderson Hernandez and Jeff Keppinger.
                  The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
                  Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

On the subject of mistakes...why not trade/get rid of Zambrano too and admit to the Kazmir trade debacle too?
                    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

good riddance....don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

Boone was just another product of the steroid era...he was a mediocre player without 'roids.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStarks
                        On the subject of mistakes...why not trade/get rid of Zambrano too and admit to the Kazmir trade debacle too?

Tony my boy, I couldn't have sed it any better...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lou1224
                          good riddance....don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

Boone was just another product of the steroid era...he was a mediocre player without 'roids.

Agreed but unfortunately we're left with the great Kaz...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lou1224
                            Thank God...now if only we could get rid of Bonds.

(For the record: Publically I wish the man no harm....PUBLICALLY)
                            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

ANYONE ELSE HEAR THAT we may get tony graffanino?

-Lou Brock-

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X