X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shelly duncan for pedro feliciano...

Yankees get LHP Pedro Feliciano
    Mets get OF/IF Shelley Duncan
    Why the Yankees do it: Currently they are trying to find a left handed relief pitcher from the group of Sean Henn, Heath Phillips, and Billy Traber - Feliciano is far better than any of them. While the Yankees would like to keep Duncan his spot could be filled by Jason Lane or Morgan Ensberg, both of whom are having good springs.
    Why the Mets do it: Duncan offers the Mets a right handed bat off the bench and a good option to back up both Delgado at 1st and Alou in LF. The Mets have good depth at reliever and could afford to part with one of them

here is the link - http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...Spring_Trading
    Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

-Lou Brock-

Whoever proposed that trade is smoking something. Feliciano is the best reliever in the entire bullpen save for Wagner. His mechanics are arguably the best of any left-handed sidearm pitcher in the Majors. He can get righties out with a changeup and is now working on a cut fastball as well as throwing a devastating slurve and good, though wild fastball. This dude is a potential set-up man, not a LOOGY. Shelley Duncan is a swing-at-everything, low batting average, low OBP guy who you can get a dime a dozen of. Instead, why not just trade Jorge Sosa to the Tigers for Mike Hessman? Same results, better OBP, better fielder, more homeruns.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
      Whoever proposed that trade is smoking something. Feliciano is the best reliever in the entire bullpen save for Wagner. His mechanics are arguably the best of any left-handed sidearm pitcher in the Majors. He can get righties out with a changeup and is now working on a cut fastball as well as throwing a devastating slurve and good, though wild fastball. This dude is a potential set-up man, not a LOOGY. Shelley Duncan is a swing-at-everything, low batting average, low OBP guy who you can get a dime a dozen of. Instead, why not just trade Jorge Sosa to the Tigers for Mike Hessman? Same results, better OBP, better fielder, more homeruns.
      Couldn't agree more.

Comment

I agree, but wish to add the word good after the 7th word in Dalkowski110's post.

Comment

This has to be made up by a Yankee homer. No way anyone with half a brain would think Duncan for Feliciano is acceptable. Feliciano for Juan Rivera would make more sense.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

must be a bad joke. pedro feliciano is better then 10 shelly duncans.
            sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

"I agree, but wish to add the word good after the 7th word in Dalkowski110's post."

Why? The phrase "smoking something" when referring to a fool is a perfectly legitimate expression; it's not as if you have to add "good" to make it a complete sentence. I know you're on me for being a grammar fiend, but I didn't do anything wrong here.

Oh and yes, continuing our little "grammar police" thing, you forgot to wrap quotes around the word "good."
              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Double-you tee eff?

That's a ridiculous trade! It doesn't even make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
                  "I agree, but wish to add the word good after the 7th word in Dalkowski110's post."

Why? The phrase "smoking something" when referring to a fool is a perfectly legitimate expression; it's not as if you have to add "good" to make it a complete sentence. I know you're on me for being a grammar fiend, but I didn't do anything wrong here.
                  Actually, where I live people say "you must be smoking something real[ly] good" I guess it's only here.

Oh and yes, continuing our little "grammar police" thing, you forgot to wrap quotes around the word "good."
                  :grouchy

Comment

After today, I wouldn't touch Duncan with a 10 foot pole. He's not only a fringe player at best but a punk.
                    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Even if this were a mutually beneficial trade for both teams (which, as has been pointed out, it isn't), would the Yanks and Mets ever trade? Isn't there enough competition for respect in New York that neither would want to make the other a better team?
                      --------------------
                      http://benchcoach.com/
                      --------------------
                      http://www.offinlefffield.com/
                      Sportswriter Mark Leff blabs about baseball

Comment

The only way they'd make a trade is it it were players hated by the fans like Kyle Farnsworth and Guillermo Mota.

Comment

ok, So, You guys want Shane Spencer again!? Who did come up with this trade? The Yanks would take it!
                          39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                          2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Can you say 'Kevin Maas'?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X