Who Belongs 'On The Wall' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Belongs 'On The Wall' ?

Which players and managers have earned the honor of having their uniform number retired ?
    Gary Carter
    8.20%
    John Franco
    3.69%
    Dwight Gooden
    4.10%
    Kieth Hernandez
    11.89%
    Willie Mays
    2.87%
    Mike Piazza
    14.75%
    Tom Seaver
    18.03%
    Duke Snider
    1.23%
    Darryl Stawberry
    5.33%
    Mookie Wilson
    3.28%
    Casey Stengel
    7.79%
    Gil Hodges
    12.30%
    Yogi Berra
    1.23%
    Davey Johnson
    3.69%
    Bobby Valentine
    1.23%
    All of the above
    0.41%

Seaver and possibly Piazza. That's it.

GH

Comment

I voted. But didn't see Ed Kranepool, Ron Swoboda, or anyone else for that matter from the 69' World Champion club.
      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

keith Hernandez, Mike Piazza and Tom Seaver
        sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
          I voted. But didn't see Ed Kranepool, Ron Swoboda, or anyone else for that matter from the 69' World Champion club.
          Originally I was going to include Kranepool, Koosman, Grote, Harrelson, McGraw, Stearns, Kingman, Dykstra, Fernandez, etc... but then I thought -"who's gonna vote for them ?"
          Now I know.

I suppose next up, someone will ask where Glavine, Alomar, Ryan, Henderson, & Torre are ?

Comment

Oopps! I should really read before I vote! I thought its was honoring them in some other way like somewhere at Citi, but not their numbers retired for some reason. I wouldn't have voted for so many names that are up there. Sorry, Thats why I voted for willy, If Jackie is honored at Citi Willy should be.
            39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
            2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
              Oopps! I should really read before I vote! I thought its was honoring them in some other way like somewhere at Citi, but not their numbers retired for some reason. I wouldn't have voted for so many names that are up there. Sorry, Thats why I voted for willy, If Jackie is honored at Citi Willy should be.
              Send me a PM with your your choices and I'll get it fixed.

Comment

I voted for Tom and Mike...but Piazza only after he goes into the Hall of Fame. I was glad to see that Mays got little to no support on a Mets forum.

Comment

Very surprised at how little support Gil Hodges got. I for one am glad Gil's 14 is retired.
                  "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                  -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Shouldn't Gil count as both a player and manager? He was a starter for the 1962 Mets, hit the first homerun, and managed them to their first 100 win season and World Championship.

Comment

Why is Jerry Koosman not in the poll ?

Unfortunately, too many met fans think the teams history began in 1986.
                      http://soundbounder.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by parlo View Post
                        Why is Jerry Koosman not in the poll ?

Unfortunately, too many met fans think the teams history began in 1986.
                        Read post #5.

Comment

Ed Kranepool
                          Mike Piazza
                          Tom Seaver
                          Darryl Strawberry
                          John Franco

Are the one I would vote for...

Kranepool owns a ton of hitting records for the Mets and should be included on the list..

Piazza and Seaver are pretty much give me's..

Strawberry owns most of the hitting records that Kranepool doesnt like homeruns, rbi's, walks and runs...

Franco pitched in more games and has more saves than any other pitcher in Mets history...
                          "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                          ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baseball Guru View Post
                            Ed Kranepool

Kranepool owns a ton of hitting records for the Mets and should be included on the list..
                            Wouldn't retiring #7 for Steady Eddie be a celebration of the franchise's mediocrity ?

Don't we aspire to more than that ?

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
                              Wouldn't retiring #7 for Steady Eddie be a celebration of the franchise's mediocrity ?

Don't we aspire to more than that ?

Well he was there when the Mets won the WS

He is just such a part of our history as he played more games, had more at bats, had more hits, doubles, and more total bases than any other player in Mets history... And some of these categories he owns the record by a lot...
                              "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                              ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X