Ron Darling Announcing on TBS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Darling Announcing on TBS?

I'm watching the Braves/Dodgers game right now and Ron Darling is announcing. Since when does he work for TBS? I know he did a Division Series during the post...but i thought that was just for the postseason.
    NL Wild Card
    1999 2000

NL East Division Champs
    1969 1973 1986 1988 2006

National League Champs
    1969 1973 1986 2000

World Champs
    1969 1986

Originally posted by The Fonz View Post
    I'm watching the Braves/Dodgers game right now and Ron Darling is announcing. Since when does he work for TBS? I know he did a Division Series during the post...but i thought that was just for the postseason.
    Ya know I was just going to start a thread on this. So what does this mean? He's done working with SNY?
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I noticed that also. ESPN is covering the game tonight and FOX was covering yesterday and ESPN/SNY are both covering tommorow. So probably just some extra money.

Comment

Darling is going to be on some of the Sunday TBS games. Don't worry, he's still on SNY.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

that upsets me..lol...because the braves fans get to listen to a quality announcer and us mets fans were stuck with the horrible Fox/ESPN announcers this weekend
          NL Wild Card
          1999 2000

NL East Division Champs
          1969 1973 1986 1988 2006

National League Champs
          1969 1973 1986 2000

World Champs
          1969 1986

Comment

Originally posted by The Fonz View Post
            that upsets me..lol...because the braves fans get to listen to a quality announcer and us mets fans were stuck with the horrible Fox/ESPN announcers this weekend
            I don't mind hearing a different perspective once in a while. I still like McCarver and I've always enjoyed HOF'er Morgan's insights.
            You're right about Darling though. He is a "quality" announcer. Clean, no sig calls, critical yet never overbearing. We're lucky to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
              I've always enjoyed HOF'er Morgan's insights.
              Then you must know that before coming to the Mets, Luis Castillo was a lifetime American Leaguer and never played a game outside in his entire life which is why he had to move to catch a pop up.
              "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Chip Carey is the main play by play guy for TBS with Ron Darling and Buck Martinez rotating doing the color.. Craig Sager will serve as on-field reporter for select games during the season...
                "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X