Clear All

• Ryan Church's report card

As of right now:
    ba: .316
    hr: 3
    rbi's: 19
    obp: .385
    slg: .469

Offense: IMO he is on pace for a .290-.295 ba, 15 hr's, 60-75 rbi's, 35-42 doubles, 6 triples, and maybe 10-15 sb's.

Defense: He's the best right fielder that we have had in years (Strawberry comes to mind). I enjoyed watching Ryan when he played for Washington. I always thought: "Why, can't we sign this guy?" He puts it all out on the line on the field. And also has a rifle of a arm (former pitcher at Nevada).

Offense grade: B+ (?)
    Defense grade: A-

Are you guys content with him being a Met , and what are your projections for him, and if you want, include a report card.
    Last edited by AutographCollector; 05-01-2008, 05:36 AM.
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

I love the guy! He has exceeded our expectations thus far especially hitting vs lefties, which everyone thought he could not..

I like everything you have said Tony and possibly would even bump him up to an A- on offense and bump his double up to 30-40
    "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
    ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baseball Guru View Post
      I love the guy! He has exceeded our expectations thus far especially hitting vs lefties, which everyone thought he could not..

I like everything you have said Tony and possibly would even bump him up to an A- on offense and bump his double up to 30-40
      I really like his swing James. Clean, smooth stroke of the bat. Do you really think that he'll slap 30-40 doubles this year? Does anyone know what his career high for doubles are in a season?

P.S.
      Extra credit: How many years did we sign him for?

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
        I really like his swing James. Clean, smooth stroke of the bat. Do you really think that he'll slap 30-40 doubles this year? Does anyone know what his career high for doubles are in a season?

P.S.
        Extra credit: How many years did we sign him for?
        He had 43 last year

I think he only has a 1 year contract...
        "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
        ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baseball Guru View Post
          He had 43 last year

I think he only has a 1 year contract...
          Uhh... I think I'll edit my prediction for doubles then. I had no clue that he was a doubles hitting monster!!!

One year? What the?
          *Gets on the cell and calls Omar, and yells at him to resign him for 3 more yrs!*

Comment

Ryan Church looks like a terrific acquisition, finaly filling the void left when Nady had to be traded in an emergency.

I didn't know much at all about him when he came over. There was talk of him being platooned because he couldn't hit lefties. It looks as if all he needed was the opportunity.

I'll predict Church will be a steady, consistant, tough out, clutch player with good strong numbers. Exactly the type of player every great team both needs and seems to have.

It appears batting numbers are returning to their normal, digestable levels this year. A season of 20-25 HR, 85-90 RBI, .275-.280 BA is easy to envision. Those are very good, solid numbers.

He plays hard, hustles and so far has been dependable in the clutch. I'll rate him an A all around and taking into account my surprise at just how good he has been so far, that should bump it up to an A+.

I would buy his jersey !

btw - hit 43 doubles last season with DC
            http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/churcry01.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
              I would buy his jersey !
              *looks on newyorkmets.com*

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                *looks on newyorkmets.com*
                I'll only buy stuff at the Stadium. It's just a thing I have.
                Every different team hat I own from around the country, I've purchased at that park. I do that for the Majors, Minors & Independents. (We've all got our idiosyncracies !)

Comment

I've been following Ryan Church from the first time I saw him play for Harrisburg Senators, where he played RF. The problem with when he played in Washington is that they didn't have a CF and they played him there. He is definately a corner outfielder. I loved the acquisition when the Mets made it and I still love it. Good for Church with a great start to his season.

Comment

I loved it when Church was signed and Schneider too. Omar said we needed more grit and I think they have it. He is going to be a real good player, way better than Milledge will ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by LostMet View Post
                      I loved it when Church was signed and Schneider too. Omar said we needed more grit and I think they have it. He is going to be a real good player, way better than Milledge will ever be.
                      I wish nothing but the best for Milledge. I hope he has a good career and saves his money. I do think there will always be some kind of soap opera surrounding him, thats too bad.
                      What I love about Church & Schneider is they show up, do their job, then go home. The only subject to talk about with them is the job they do on the field. That's the way it should be.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X