Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    You nailed all three. Good job.
    Sweet! I wasn't sure on Smoltz. I figured either him, Glavine or Maddux.

Comment

• Not a hard one:

Who was the last Met rookie to hit two home runs in a single World Series game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
        And here's a trivia question: Which player, who briefly played with the Mets in 1979 and 1980, is often credited as the first to use a cupped baseball bat?
        It was Jose Cardenal.

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
        Kevin McGlinchy is correct.
        I always wondered what happened to him. He was part of those great Braves bullpens of the early and mid-2000s. In fact, apparently I once started a thread about him.

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
        Not a hard one:

Who was the last Met rookie to hit two home runs in a single World Series game?
        I'm embarrassed to say I'm drawing a blank.

Comment

I'm embarrassed to say I'm drawing a blank.
          It happened last year, game 4 and accounted for all 3 of the Mets runs in a game they would go on to lose 5-3.

Comment

• Oh, duh. Mr. Conforto. I was thinking way back in 2000 or 1986 or what have you.

Comment

• I have an obscure question. Four major league players have attended Liberty University. One of those players played for the Mets. Can you name that player? He was a short-lived reliever for the club in 1992.

Comment

I have an obscure question. Four major league players have attended Liberty University. One of those players played for the Mets. Can you name that player? He was a short-lived reliever for the club in 1992.
                Lee Guetterman and boy did he suck!

Comment

• Correct. The Mets traded the struggling Tim Burke to the Yankees partway through the year to get him. While Guetterman was terrible for the Mets, Burke turned his season around and had a 3.25 ERA in 23 games for the Yanks.

Comment

• Who is this player?

Comment

• He looks a lot like Eddie Murray, so that's my final answer.

Comment

• Well done. Let's delve into our memory banks a bit:

Who was the New York Mets general manager in 1977? He was later GM for the Cardinals and Tigers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X