No announcement yet.

Mets Fans: Can you settle an argument?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets Fans: Can you settle an argument?

Over on the stadium board we were talking about CitiField and how it should be opened and one thought was to have Tom Seaver throw the first pitch to Mike Piazza and an argument broke out over Piazza and one of the anti-Piazza guys posted this article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=lukas/080521

I thought the article was garbage. But I wanted to get opinions of Mets fans.

Originally posted by aqib View Post
    Over on the stadium board we were talking about CitiField and how it should be opened and one thought was to have Tom Seaver throw the first pitch to Mike Piazza and an argument broke out over Piazza and one of the anti-Piazza guys posted this article:

I thought the article was garbage. But I wanted to get opinions of Mets fans.
    The author of that espn blog/article is a knucklehead. Piazza was a offensive threat. Sure as his career winded down so did his throwing arm. Oh well. That's a part of life. I say: absolutely! Have "Tom Terrific" throw the first pitch to Piazza. Fitting story for a fitting stadium.
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

That article is bilous b-s. And for the record, Piazza did say something to the effect that although he wasn't gay, it really shouldn't make any difference to anyone if a ballplayer was gay.

I think it would be a great idea to have Seaver throw the first pitch to Piazza.
      sigpic Please check out my book, Mets Fan
      Please check out my blog, Mets Fan Blog
      Read about my new book The Last Days of Shea

Comment

Counter with this:
        http://www.firejoemorgan.com/2008/05...tes-pizza.html
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

How could you not like Mike Piazza as a Mets fan? The guy is crazy...
          ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
          ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
            I hate this guy Lukas so much more after reading this...ha!
            ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
            ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Can some of you guys come over to the stadium board and help me out. Its in the CitiField Construction photos thread, me and a guy who goes by sixfourthree have been at this for a couple of days.

Disclosure: I am a Blue Jays fan who lived in NY for many years including most of the Piazza era. So while not a real Mets fan I appreciated the guy for everything he did both on and off the field. Heck if he was a Blue Jay, I would be naming my kids after him.

Comment

That Lukas guy drank a whole gallon of hater-ade...WTF is his problem? He says he is a Mets fan; sounds more of a Dodgers fan with the insert of Piazza saying, "Put an L.A. cap on him and let's pretend New York never happened."

WOW:noidea

That article is 100% hate on Piazza. Hell, I dont like A-Rod, but i do respect him as a player. (Shakes head in disgust at sports writers)
                sigpic
                h!

Comment

Wow I didn't journalism could hit such a low. This is the biggest piece of garbage. I think almost every player would say what mike said. BTW it's a great idea to have Seaver throw out to Piazza.
                  Trusted Traders: Nerfan Dalkowski110

Comment

^I agree.

Seeing Tom Seaver and Mike Piazza were the two biggest(and still living) faces of the Mets, it would be an honor.

Whom else to throw out the first pitch? freaking John Franco? lol!
                    sigpic
                    h!

Comment

that article was ******** i say have Tom Seaver throw the first pitch to Mike Piazza
                      they are two people who made great contributions to this team

Comment

If it's up to the Wilpons they will let some former Brooklyn Dodgers throw and catch the first pitch.

Comment

it would probably be the best duo for citi's opening day. unless seaver throws it to carter?

Comment

The only way Gary Carter will set foot in Citi Field is if he buys a ticket.
                            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by metsfanbook.com View Post
                              That article is bilous b-s. And for the record, Piazza did say something to the effect that although he wasn't gay, it really shouldn't make any difference to anyone if a ballplayer was gay.

I think it would be a great idea to have Seaver throw the first pitch to Piazza.
                              If all the "gay" rumors are true, then Mike Piazza should throw the first pitch to Keith Hernandez.
                              Let's Go Mets!
                              New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X