X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Suprise...So far

Who suprised you more this year?

Delgado: Did what we paid him too and didn't do last year. MVP front-runner
    Pelfrey: Came out of the blue to destroy other teams.
    Murphey: Came out of the blue to play good defense in an unfamiliar position and hit pretty well.
    Tatis: See Murphey and add retirement.
    Carlos Delgado
    27.78%
    Mike Pelfrey
    27.78%
    Dan Murphey
    5.56%
    Fernando Tatis
    38.89%

Delgado isn't really surprising, he's just living up to what was expected.

Same with Pelfrey.

Murphy came out of the blue, but he was a prospect who looked like he had a future anyway.

Tatis is the most surprising, because he hadn't even played in the majors for a while and was even retired at one point.

Comment

They have all been a surprise to some extent. I'll go with Pelfrey who sure looked like a bust coming into the season.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Personally, it's Delgado. I thought his career was over in May and he should have been released.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I went with Tatis. The surprise is that he's kept it up. I figured after each cold streak the odds had run out and then he starts up again. Murphy, I never heard of, and a guy coming up and getting hot is not totally surprising. It took about a game to see he seemed to have a clue at the plate. Pelfrey has certainly exceeded expectations maybe even from before he set foot in the big leagues. Delgado has certainly been at this level but not for 2 years. I too thought he was done.

Comment

Mike Pelfrey. At one point not too long ago, I honestly thought he was a bust. I give a lot of credit to Omar for not getting rid of him when he really sucked.
            "Heroes are people who are all good with no bad in them. That's the way I always saw Joe DiMaggio. He was beyond question one of the greatest players of the century."

~Mickey Mantle

Comment

Tatis, baby!
              Originally posted by Cougar
              "Read at your own risk. Baseball Fever shall not be responsible if you become clinically insane trying to make sense of this post. People under 18 must read in the presence of a parent, guardian, licensed professional, or Dr. Phil."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X