Our Mets Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Mets Hall of Fame

This is my little project to create a Mets Hall of Fame. This is how it is going to work:

I'm going to start by putting all the 1962 guys on the ballot. You vote for who you think should be in the Hall. 75% puts someone in, 5% keeps someone on the ballot. For the election after this, I will remove all the people who didn't reach 5% (and all the people who were elected), and add all the people from the 1963 Mets who didn't play in 1962. That will go on and on until we reach 2008. Therefore, everyone who played for the Mets will end up being on the ballot at one point in time.

A person can be in 15 election cycles before he is no longer eligible to be in the Mets Hall of Fame.

I will also have a separate manager election.

I hope that makes sense.

The poll will be open for one week.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Code:
    Mets Hall of Fame:
    Chris Cannizzaro
    0.00%
    Marv Throneberry
    6.00%
    Charlie Neal
    0.00%
    Felix Mantilla
    2.00%
    Elio Chacon
    0.00%
    Frank Thomas
    4.00%
    Jim Hickman
    0.00%
    Joe Christopher
    0.00%
    Richie Ashburn
    6.00%
    Rod Kanehl
    2.00%
    Gene Woodling
    0.00%
    Sammy Taylor
    0.00%
    Choo Choo Coleman
    6.00%
    Gil Hodges
    28.00%
    Cliff Cook
    0.00%
    Gus Bell
    0.00%
    Ed Bouchee
    0.00%
    Joe Pignatano
    2.00%
    Sammy Drake
    0.00%
    Don Zimmer
    2.00%
    Rick Herrscher
    0.00%
    Hobie Landrith
    0.00%
    Harry Chiti
    0.00%
    Jim Marshall
    0.00%
    Bobby Gene Smith
    0.00%
    John DeMerit
    0.00%
    Ed Kranepool
    32.00%
    Joe Ginsberg
    0.00%
    Jay Hook
    0.00%
    Roger Craig
    4.00%
    Al Jackson
    6.00%
    Bob L. Miller
    0.00%
    Ken Mackenzie
    0.00%
    Craig Anderson
    0.00%
    Ray Daviault
    0.00%
    Bob Moorhead
    0.00%
    Willard Hunter
    0.00%
    Vinegar Bend Mizell
    0.00%
    Sherman Jones
    0.00%
    Bob G. Miller
    0.00%
    Galen Cisco
    0.00%
    Dave Hillman
    0.00%
    Herb Moford
    0.00%
    Larry Foss
    0.00%
    Clem Labine
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Cowtipper; 10-01-2008, 04:23 PM.

Well, it looks like Gil Hodges and Ed Kranepool have the best shots at becoming the first Mets Hall of Famers. Keep on voting!

Comment

Well, it looks like Gil Hodges and Ed Kranepool have the best shots at becoming the first Mets Hall of Famers. Keep on voting!
      Thats who i would say, although i believe Hodges is already in the Mets H.O.F
      "The Gods Are Against Us" - Keith Hernandez

Comment

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I didn't vote for Hodges. As a player, he didn't really have much of an impact, so as long as we're eventually gonna have manager/coaches polls, I'll wait for them to place my vote for him.

P.S. Any chance future poll entries can be alphabetized for easier perusal? With all the names, it was kinda difficult to make sure I caught them all. Just a thought. :cap:
        Put it in the books.

Comment

I voted for Hodges as a manager, Kranepool, Craig and Al Jackson. Frank Thomas I might reconsider not voting in.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
            I'm obviously in the minority here, but I didn't vote for Hodges. As a player, he didn't really have much of an impact, so as long as we're eventually gonna have manager/coaches polls, I'll wait for them to place my vote for him.

P.S. Any chance future poll entries can be alphabetized for easier perusal? With all the names, it was kinda difficult to make sure I caught them all. Just a thought. :cap:
            Thanks for the suggestion. I'll make the list alphabetical next time.

Comment

I voted for Hodges as a manager, Kranepool, and no one else. I was close to voting for Jackson and Craig, but that's it.
              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Of course, guys like Throneberry, Frank Thomas, Al Jackson and Roger Craig mean a lot as they were original Met characters.

Kranepool came up as a 17 year old kid in 1962 and became a starter half-way into the 1963 season. He stuck around for a looooong time. Hodges played for the Mets for a couple of seasons - his career as a player was pretty much his past with the Dodgers......but, he became manager in 1968 and won the World Series a year later. Too bad he left the world way too early. I think Gil was the type of manager and type of person that could have managed a franchise for a long time. And he was a good manager. He was Manager of the Year with the Senators (1967) before he became a Met manager.

Of the list, because of their major contributions to the organization, Kranepool and Hodges are the choice on this poll.

Comment

Shouldn't Casey Stengel be on the initial poll?

Comment

He's going to be on the manager poll. The only reason Hodges is on the poll is because he played with the Mets.

Comment

Why are people saying "I voted for Hodges as a manager"? Cowtipper said he'd be in the manager poll... unless you want him inducted as a player for those 65 games he played as a Met.
                      Originally posted by Domenic
                      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

"Why are people saying "I voted for Hodges as a manager"?"

Because we skimmed the first post.
                        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                        -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Last day to vote, this is.

Comment

Gil Hodges and Ed Kranepool are our first inductees. Huzzah!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X