Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Are They Now? & Random Sightings

For example:

Dave Kingman lives in Lake Tahoe, and owns a Tennis Club there.

I recently stopped for gas in Orient, NY and out came Bill Hands, pitcher with the '69 rival Cubs, to pump my gas. He is the owner of the station and lives in Orient.

Anyone have current info on the whereabouts of former Mets and rival players?

Originally posted by Kentonio View Post
    For example:

Dave Kingman lives in Lake Tahoe, and owns a Tennis Club there.

I recently stopped for gas in Orient, NY and out came Bill Hands, pitcher with the '69 rival Cubs, to pump my gas. He is the owner of the station and lives in Orient.

Anyone have current info on the whereabouts of former Mets and rival players?
    Frank Thomas from the 1962 Mets is retired from everything and lives in Pittsburgh. He does charity golf tournaments during the Spring, Summer & early Fall.

Comment

Ed Kranepool lives in a gated community in Jericho, NY. I still see him occasionally on weekends when I go in there on business. Last time I spotted him was this past summer when he came out of his house heading for the tennis court. As is my style, though, I don't accost him. But every time I see him I do a double take.
      Put it in the books.

Comment

I recently read somewhere that Koosman lives in western Wisconsin. I had always thought he still lived in Minnesota.

Orosco- San Diego.
        Shamsky and Charles- NYC
        Harrelson- Hauppauge, LI
        Cleon- Mobile, AL
        Dykstra- LA Area (and extremely wealthy)
        Gaspar- Mission Viejo, CA
        Boswell- Austin, TX
        Grote- San Antonio
        Mazzilli and Foster- Greenwich, CT
        Carter- Palm Beach Gardens, FL
        Gentry- Phoenix
        Strawberry- outside St Louis
        Gooden- Tampa
        Backman- outside Portland, OR
        Stearns- Boulder, CO
        Flynn- Lexington, KY

Comment

I believe Seaver lives in Northern California.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Did you catch the story on Dykstra in the Post yesterday? $7,000 suits now conceal the flabby physical wreck formerly known as "Nails."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11252008...alk_140640.htm

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball View Post
              Did you catch the story on Dykstra in the Post yesterday? $7,000 suits now conceal the flabby physical wreck formerly known as "Nails."

Did he make his fortune in the finance world, or car washes? Or both?

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball View Post

My two favorite quotes from that story:
                But the three-time All-Star bragged that plaintiff DDK & Co. "folded like Mitch Williams in the ninth," a reference to his former Phillie teammate who notoriously served up a World Series-winning homer to Joe Carter of the Toronto Blue Jays in 1993.
                Dykstra also showed The Post the jacket lining of his charcoal-gray pinstripe suit. "See that purple label, bro? That's seven large," he said.
                Man he looks rough, and really out of shape. I hope that he gets better. He was one of my favorite mets.
                Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I recently read somewhere that Koosman lives in western Wisconsin. I had always thought he still lived in Minnesota.

Orosco- San Diego.
                  Shamsky and Charles- NYC
                  Harrelson- Hauppauge, LI
                  Cleon- Mobile, AL
                  Gaspar- Mission Viejo, CA
                  Boswell- Austin, TX
                  Grote- San Antonio
                  Mazzilli and Foster- Greenwich, CT
                  Carter- Palm Beach Gardens, FL
                  Gentry- Phoenix
                  Strawberry- outside St Louis
                  Gooden- Tampa
                  Backman- outside Portland, OR
                  Stearns- Boulder, CO
                  Flynn- Lexington, KY
                  Although John Stearns has a home in Boulder, CO, he has been a Minor League manager in the Washington Nationals' system for the past 5 years or so. Last year and this coming season, he has been with their Double-A affiliate, the Harrisburg Senators. And, the season before that he was with their Triple-A affiliate at the time, the Columbus Clippers, and with the Senators the two seasons prior to that.

Comment

Bill Almon-Warwick, RI
                    I've heard rumors that Pedro Martinez, Billy Wagner and Carlos Delgado live in and/or own homes in Greenwich, CT, but can't confirm them.
                    Trusted traders list-
                    Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by riredsox View Post
                      Bill Almon-Warwick, RI
                      I've heard rumors that Pedro Martinez, Billy Wagner and Carlos Delgado live in and/or own homes in Greenwich, CT, but can't confirm them.
                      Im sure those homes are gone when thier contracts are over. Wouldnt be surprised if Wagners is already on market.

Good call on Almon..always knew he was from Providence area, and attended Brown.

Comment

According to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source in the world), Bobby Bonilla and Tom Seaver also live in/own homes in Greenwich, as do David Cone, Lee Mazzilli and Tim Teufel. That's a lot of current/former Mets in one town. (8, counting the ones I mentioned above.)
                        Trusted traders list-
                        Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

Bill Almon-Warwick, RI
                          Scott Schoeneweis lives near Greenwich as well since he and Wagner commuted together.

Carlos Beltran lives in Port Washington. Jose Reyes also lives on Long Island.
                          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

According to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source in the world), Bobby Bonilla and Tom Seaver also live in/own homes in Greenwich, as do David Cone, Lee Mazzilli and Tim Teufel. That's a lot of current/former Mets in one town. (8, counting the ones I mentioned above.)
                            Seaver is out of Greenwich and now is living fulltime in Napa California and has his own vineyard and wine label. Forgot about Cone in Greenwich.

Comment

Did he [Dykstra] make his fortune in the finance world, or car washes? Or both?
                              It started with the car washes. It's hard to tell how much he's made playing the market, but my feeling is that it's the secondary source.

At any rate, here's a hilarious article from the New Yorker. It's also a little sad, though, when it described his physical condition.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...urrentPage=all

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X