Mets sign Tim Redding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets sign Tim Redding

New York, NY (AHN) - Another New York franchise has made an off-season move.

The New York Mets and pitcher Tim Redding agreed to a one-year, $2.25 million contract Friday.

ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand broke the story, though Redding must pass a physical before the deal will be official.

Redding made $1 million last year for the Washington Nationals. The 30-year-old had a 10-11 record with a 4.95 ERA in 33 starts last year.

The right-hander has a career record of 34-51 in seven seasons with Houston, San Diego, the Yankees and Nationals.

In the 1997 Major League Baseball Draft, Redding was drafted by the Houston Astros in the 20th round and spent seven years there. He was traded in 2004 to the San Diego Padres for Humberto Quintero.

Redding became a free agent when the Nationals non-tendered him in December.

The Mets, who already have Johan Santana, Mike Pelfrey and John Maine at the front of their rotation, plan to slide Redding into the No. 5 spot.

The team is still pursuing free agent Derek Lowe and possibly Oliver Perez.

The Mets could also still sign Pedro Martinez and Randy Wolf to add to the pitching staff.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013664898

I really, really hope they don't use him much.

I like the move, but the Mets better sign Lowe.
    Lets go Mets!

Comment

Yeah with this signing there is no way we don't make it to the WS!
      unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
      unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
      unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Lets say Mets get Perez for 3 yrs at 10M per, which makes him and Redding cost about $12-13M next year. Is that better than Lowe at $15M?

It's pretty close, but I would take Lowe.

Hopefully they put some effort into their farm system. I just don't know why they can't develop any guys with what one would think are better resources than most MLB teams.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X