Yahoo.com mocks the new Mets Citifield Uniform Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo.com mocks the new Mets Citifield Uniform Patch

Just went on Yahoo.com and they have an article too lengthy for me to even care to copy. Here is the link,

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,133840

Check out the morons and their comments, probably all idiot Philly fans.

Nothing like being the butt of even more jokes, but up who cares what they think, I still love and support my not so lovable losers!
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Except that they're right, the patch sucks big time. Take a look at the Yankees patch for the new stadium season, much more classy and done right.
    :cap:

Comment

I agree that patch is pretty bad. doesnt look like much thought went into it.

Comment

Looks like someone designed that patch on Microsoft Paint. It's pretty ugly looking.

Comment

Yeah Mets getting ripped a new one for this. Who's the poor shmuck at Sterling Mets that's going to take the fall for this?

"worst sleeve patch in MLB history" - ESPN
          http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=mlb

Comment

Wow I feel bad for you Mets fans.
            First, your team chokes two years in a row.
            Then, they dump Shea to create a replica of the Dodgers old stadium and name it after a corporate sponsor.
            Then, they honor their creation with a patch that I could make on Microsoft Paint!

Comment

It's because Fred Wilpon was an idiot and gave Madoff $300M. He has to make cuts somewhere.
              "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Wilpon probably didn't realize you can't use a corporate sponsor's logo on a Major League uniform until it was too late and all the "souvenirs" with the hideous corporate logo below were already made up.

So he had to put the best facsimile possible on the actual uniforms.

What a disaster.
                Attached Files

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Why do they even need a patch?
                  "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                    Usually the reason is to sell fans a bunch of stuff they don't need, but that you buy because it has a "commemorative" logo on it. I think most fans would have found anything with that "Citi Field" logo undesirable anyway... But, Wilpon probably wants to retain some sort of logo so he can slap it on goods to be sold. So what if it's a big embarrassment? It's all par for the course when money is more important than dignity or anything else.

Mets fans have bought everything else he's had to sell them, so he probably figures: why not?

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

This actually reminds me of something.

My dad and I went to the game in 2006 where they were honoring the 1986 team. We went to get a program expecting there to be something special. My dad asked a vendor selling them if there was anything special with it for the ceremony. He said there was a sticker on the cover and laughed.

More cheapness by Wilpon.

Comment

Here's a better question: It's a stupid patch; WHO CARE'S!!?!?!?!?!?
                        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

My dad and I went to the game in 2006 where they were honoring the 1986 team. We went to get a program expecting there to be something special. My dad asked a vendor selling them if there was anything special with it for the ceremony. He said there was a sticker on the cover and laughed.

If memory serves me right they did a similar thing with the programs that were sold on Ralph Kiner Night.

But they also gave away a commemorative photo to the first however-many thousand fans.
                          X
                          What's THAT guy doing?
                          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                            Here's a better question: It's a stupid patch; WHO CARE'S!!?!?!?!?!?
                            Because it's a stupid patch.

Comment

didn't you get the replica 86 yearbook? that was the give away, i loved it.
                              NL Wild Card
                              1999 2000

NL East Division Champs
                              1969 1973 1986 1988 2006

National League Champs
                              1969 1973 1986 2000

World Champs
                              1969 1986

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...