Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirBLaUghs View Post
    The Braves over payed for Lowe.
    I'd rather have Oli Perez @4 years $60 million as he'll probably get because of Boras.

I think Perez will round out or rotation lovely.

Santana
    Maine
    Perez
    Pelfry
    Redding
    *Pedro?
    That rotation does not give me a warm and fuzzy. One stud and 4 "IF'S"

Comment

Who knows, maybe Pelfry shoots for 20 wins lol...he's turning his game around, could be the sleeper pitcher on the staff for 09.

sigpic
      h!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        Perez is now going to cost more because Boras now knows the Mets are desperate with Lowe off the board, just like he just raped Atlanta who also was desperate after Smoltz left.
        Wrong. There are no other teams that have shown more than a passing interest in Perez except the Mets. They can get him at their price.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
          Wrong. There are no other teams that have shown more than a passing interest in Perez except the Mets. They can get him at their price.
          We shall see I guess. Boras has a history of raising the price despite no additional bidders and the Mets are in a position to not take that chance. I am guessing the Mets will go a minimum of 3 years at 12-13 million per year. Minimum.
          Last edited by Paulypal; 01-17-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
            We can all thank the desperate braves for over-inflating the SP market by giving Lowe an outrageous 4 guaranteed years at $15,000,000 per! Think about that, $15,000,000 for a #2 starter. Santana looks like a bargain now!
            God, what is Cole Hamels then?!!?

Comment

Originally posted by kiluckzle View Post
              For 7,000,000 per over 3 he is a bargain. He is also an easily led buffon on interviews.
              unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
              unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
              unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by kiluckzle View Post
                Hamels took his money now instead of waiting for FA eligibility. That has been the trend in recent years. Very smart move on Phils part, pay more money now to save a ton of money in 2 years. Tampa Bay is keeping their core together doing the same thing.

The Mets did it with Wright and Reyes. Wright/Reyes if free agents could command 15-17 million per season on the open market. Wright getting 9 million and Reyes getting less than 6 per year is an unreal bargain when you consider what Texeira just signed for.
                Last edited by Paulypal; 01-18-2009, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X