X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Predicted ....Oliver offered more by the Mets

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NYMets523
    Wrong. There are no other teams that have shown more than a passing interest in Perez except the Mets. They can get him at their price.

Maybe you should lighten up on your disagree finger? This is what Boras does. The Mets are in a position that they cant let Perez get away...they know it, so does Boras.

According to SI.com's Jon Heyman, the Mets have improved their original offer to free agent Oliver Perez.

It's believed they initially offered $30 million over three years. It's unclear whether they've gone to four years in their latest offer. It's also hard to figure who it is that they're bidding against. Because of his asking price, there's been very little interest in Perez throughout the league.

Yeah, quote me from a week ago. The Mets are doing this because there is a lot more going on with Sheets, Garland, and Wolf. Which wasn't the case a week ago.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
      Yeah, quote me from a week ago. The Mets are doing this because there is a lot more going on with Sheets, Garland, and Wolf. Which wasn't the case a week ago.
      As ST gets closer the activity on the balance of the SP's was going to increase without question. I am not sure what you made you think it wouldnt, therefore driving the prices up. Those guys are not going to be out there forever. Add in who Perez' agent is and you have an inflated contract. I am just hoping they can sign Perez (cant believe I said that), and find a way to get Sheets to agree to a one year deal loaded with incentives.

As I said in another thread...right now as currently constructed the Mets are no more than third place in the NL East. IMO. They are three players away from being a serious contender for a WS in my estimation. Two being SP's.

Comment

I expected the pitchers like Sheets, Wolf, and Garland to wait for Perez to sign and set the market for them.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

You really think it's possible that Sheets will sign somewhere only for one year?
          :cap:

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
            I expected the pitchers like Sheets, Wolf, and Garland to wait for Perez to sign and set the market for them.

I agree - he is the biggest contract out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Blaze View Post
              You really think it's possible that Sheets will sign somewhere only for one year?
              Really depends on what market is out there for him. I know there are takers for Sheets, but with his track record a one year deal with incentives may be best for him and the team that signs him.

Based on a one year contract:

If he stays healthy and pitches like he can...he can name his own price next year which will be much bigger than anything he signs now.

The team that signs him is also protected by reducing the risk.

So I think he could sign a one year deal that will be heavily incentive driven. I am not discounting two years but if Sheets is willing to gamble on himself a one year deal may be worth it for him.

Comment

Boras or no Boras the Mets can't afford to let Ollie get a way. A erratic as he is lefties that throw like him don't grow on trees, and he seems to pitch better against the Phillies, Braves, and Yankees.
                sigpic

Comment

MLB network is reporting Sheets has a meeting with the Teas Rangers again. I keep hearing the Sheets to Texas rumors so it may be true. Sheets is waiting for either the Mets to sign Perez to set a market for him, or to offer him more money or years than Texas if we fall through with Perez.
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                  unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

I perfer ollie anyway, he kills our rivals and i still think he improved once warthen took over for peterson.

i would like to see how perez does witha full season of dan warthen and jerry manuel.
                    NL Wild Card
                    1999 2000

NL East Division Champs
                    1969 1973 1986 1988 2006

National League Champs
                    1969 1973 1986 2000

World Champs
                    1969 1986

Comment

Originally posted by The Fonz View Post
                      I perfer ollie anyway, he kills our rivals and i still think he improved once warthen took over for peterson.

i would like to see how perez does witha full season of dan warthen and jerry manuel.
                      As much as he kills our rivals the teams he should dominate he doesnt get past the 4th inning. Ollie is tough to have on your team because you cant count on him. With that said I agree he needs to be signed.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X