Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Mets be selling Single Game Tickets??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Mets be selling Single Game Tickets??

Will Single Game tickets be available this year or will you only be allowed to purchase ticket plans or from Scalpers?

They are not saying officially yet. They keep calling me trying to get me to sign up for the mini-plans but I refuse as I have every year since 2004. I'm sure they will start selling individual games soon.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Wilpon shrunk the stadium to put the fear in fans that if they didn't get a season plan, they'd be shut out. It's much better for him to get a lump sum of money up front, as it allows him to draw interest on the money. It also hedges him: if the team sucks, all the tickets are already sold and the fans that are stuck with them can whistle Dixie. The fools that bought the season plans will then take a bath trying to resell individual game tickets on Stub Hub. Since Stub Hub charges a $15 fee per hard ticket, plus 10% of the selling price as a commission, even if selling price is $10 a ticket, going to the new ballpark won't be a bargain.

Good for Wilpon, bad for the fans. I let my season plan lapse a while ago; I don't like being played for a fool.

Maybe if Citicorp is forced to pull their sponsorship, Wilpon can rename the park after a great original Met: Harry Chiti.

Chiti Field: this is much closer to an appropriate name for the place - almost exactly right, in fact.
      Last edited by Mongoose; 02-07-2009, 03:22 AM.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Check StubHub.

Non-premium games can usually be had for face value.

Comment

Are the Mets officially "sold Out" for the season Like the Red Sox and Maybe the Cubs and Yankees?

Maybe Some Mets-Nationals Game can be bought on Stub Hub for cheap, but you still gotta pay the fees

If I am going to see a Mets-Nationals Game I want to go up to the Shea Ticket Window and pay the $5 (Mets-Nationals is usually a value game)

Comment

Originally posted by zahavasdad View Post
            If I am going to see a Mets-Nationals Game I want to go up to the Shea Ticket Window and pay the $5 (Mets-Nationals is usually a value game)
            Uh... good luck getting any ticket for any price at the Shea ticket window... :ooo:
            X
            What's THAT guy doing?
            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X