Mets Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets Spring Training

Anything that has anything to do with Mets Spring Training will go here, since we can't do it on the CF thread.
    "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Originally posted by metsforever7515 View Post
    Anything that has anything to do with Mets Spring Training will go here, since we can't do it on the CF thread.

Yes . The Mets look great so far in spring training, LOL. I dont take much out of spring training btu its good to hear the crack of the bat. I cant wait for the real deal.. LETS GO METS

also Reyes in the 3-hole is gonna get uppercut happy, You'll see. He'll be Like Willie Mays Hayes doing pushups at home plate for every pop up

Comment

They can beat everyone 20-0 and go 18-0 and it means nothing. I just want everyone to stay healthy and get in a groove before opening day.
      Section 521, row 5

Comment

Johan Santana was scratched from his planned outing in Friday's exhibition due to some elbow stiffness.
        Santana said he experiences tightness in the elbow annually. He thinks it might have happened now because he's been throwing more than usual in an effort to show the Mets that his surgically repaired knee is sound. He'll likely throw a bullpen Sunday and start a game in the middle of next week.

Not good news... he says it happens every year, but we can't afford to lose him this year.
        sigpic

D-Rex!

Comment

REYES GOES DEEP TWICE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAg7dhZGpeM

Comment

Castillo: So far so good

2 games, 2 successes....and an SB to boot.

now..since it's becoming clear he can still leadoff vs. borderline good pitching (which he'll see 65% of the time) it's time to shut him down for the rest of the spring :ooo: The Mets need him for 130 games, no need to burn him out playing inconsequential ST blow outs....
            "...coming into the dugout and you're getting your ass hammered by guys, it's no better feeling than to have that done.'' - Matt Stairs :applaud:

Comment

Originally posted by RunTimoDammit! View Post
              2 games, 2 successes....and an SB to boot.

now..since it's becoming clear he can still leadoff vs. borderline good pitching (which he'll see 65% of the time) it's time to shut him down for the rest of the spring :ooo: The Mets need him for 130 games, no need to burn him out playing inconsequential ST blow outs....
              First of all I love the name...I can still see Timo Salsa dancing around third. I still want to puke.

On the Castillo note I would bench him too,,,,,,,,,but only because I would try trade him right now. His value is about as high as its been in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcohn92 View Post
                That's the problem with Reyes in third, all of a sudden he thinks he's a home run hitter and starts swinging for the fences instead of doing what he does best and just get on base. Either way hope this offense keeps up through the season

Comment

Well I finally get to watch a mets game tomorrow, the Cardinals Mets game will be on MLBN tomorrow. BTW, Cohen wasnt that excited from the Reyes grand slam.

Comment

Castillo

I'm keeping an open mind about Castillo, much like I did with Delgado and and Willie. But just like with those two, if you get it done great, if you don't time to go. I think Jerry will do just that.

Comment

*Cue Sportscenter music*

Hi, I'm metsforever7515 reporting LIVE from Pt. St. Lucie, Florida.

Will be at the games tomorrow and Sunday (theyre 2 and a half hours away on Saturday so I'm going down to Jupiter to see the Cards play the Nats).
                      I'll post pictures on here as soon as I get them uploaded tomorrow.

Comment

Castillo has looked good so far, but I am very skeptical
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedsoxMetsFan123 View Post
                          BTW, Cohen wasnt that excited from the Reyes grand slam.
                          It's a Spring Training game. He won't be screaming his "It's outta here!" catch phrase... not for a couple more weeks anyway.

P.S.
                          This thread is now a "sticky" until Opening Day.
                          Last edited by AutographCollector; 02-26-2009, 10:47 PM.
                          Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Just about to head out to Tradition. Like I said Last night, I'll report back with pictures as soon as I upload them.

Comment

Mets vs. Tigers

I'll be at the Mets-Tigers game tomorrow at Lakeland.

Joker Marchant is my favorite Spring Training ballpark; can't wait to go.

Any other BBF Mets fans gonna be at the game?

Steven Zaretsky
                              Harmony, FL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X