Our Mets Hall of Fame, election 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Mets Hall of Fame, election 16

Please limit your ballot to a maximum of 15 names.

This is the sixteenth election for Our Mets Hall of Fame. Last time, we elected Dave Kingman and Lee Mazzilli.

For rules and specifications for this Hall of Fame, see:

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=83894

New on the ballot:

Luis Alvarado
    Doug Flynn
    Steve Henderson
    Roy Lee Jackson
    Doc Medich
    Dan Norman
    John Pacella
    Len Randle
    Luis Rosado
    Paul Siebert
    Jackson Todd
    Bobby Valentine
    Joel Youngblood
    Pat Zachry

Dropped from the last ballot:

Richie Ashburn
    Leon Brown
    Choo Choo Coleman
    Roger Craig
    Jim Dwyer
    Leo Espinosa
    Leo Foster
    Al Jackson
    Jay Kleven
    Mickey Lolich
    Pepe Mangual
    Bob Myrick
    Joe Pignatano
    Dave Schneck
    George Theodore
    Marv Throneberry
    Del Unser
    Mike Vail

Code:
    Mets Hall of Fame:

Player:          Times on ballot:          Induction percentage:           When inducted:

Tommie Agee             2                           80.00                   8th election 
    Jerry Grote             1                           100.00                  5th election
    Bud Harrelson           1                           100.00                  4th election
    Gil Hodges              1                           77.78                   1st election
    Ron Hunt                11                          77.78                   12th election
    Cleon Jones             1                           100.00                  2nd election
    Dave Kingman            2                           81.25                   15th election
    Jerry Koosman           1                           100.00                  6th election
    Ed Kranepool            1                           88.89                   1st election
    Jon Matlack             1                           81.82                   10th election
    Lee Mazzilli            1                           75.00                   15th election
    Tug McGraw              1                           90.00                   4th election
    Felix Millan            1                           77.78                   12th election
    Tom Seaver              1                           91.67                   6th election
    Rusty Staub             1                           85.71                   11th election
    Ron Swoboda             10                          75.00                   13th election

Manager:          Times on ballot:          Induction percentage:           When inducted:

Gil Hodges               1                           90.00                   1st Mgr. election
    Davey Johnson            1                           100.00                  1st Mgr. election
    Bobby Valentine          2                           100.00                  2nd Mgr. election

Code:
    Holdovers:

Player:          Times on ballot:          Previous percentage:          High percentage: 

Billy Baldwin           1                       6.25                         6.25
    Yogi Berra              12                      18.75                        41.67
    Bruce Boisclair         3                       6.25                         12.50
    Ed Charles              10                      25.00                        36.36
    Donn Clendenon          8                       68.75                        68.75
    Gary Gentry             8                       12.50                        25.00
    Ron Hodges              4                       6.25                         25.00
    Skip Lockwood           2                       56.25                        56.25
    Willie Mays             5                       37.50                        62.50
    John Milner             6                       37.50                        50.00
    Nolan Ryan              11                      25.00                        50.00
    Warren Spahn            11                      12.50                        36.36
    John Stearns            2                       50.00                        50.00    
    Craig Swan              4                       56.25                        62.50

Holdovers dropped:

Richie Ashburn...eligibility expired
    Choo Choo Coleman...eligibility expired
    Roger Craig...eligibility expired
    Nino Espinosa...lack of support
    Al Jackson...eligibility expired
    Joe Pignatano...eligibility expired
    Dave Schneck...lack of support
    George Theodore...lack of support
    Marv Throneberry...eligibility expired
    Del Unser...lack of support
    Mike Vail...lack of support

Last year of eligibility:

none
    Number of voters in each election:

Election 1: 18
    Election 2: 8
    Election 3: 9
    Election 4: 10
    Election 5: 9
    Election 6: 12
    Election 7: 10
    Election 8: 10
    Election 9: 10
    Election 10: 11
    Election 11: 14
    Election 12: 9
    Election 13: 8
    Election 14: 15
    Election 15: 16

Manager election 1: 10
    Manager election 2: 11
    Manager election 3: 8
    Luis Alvarado
    0.00%
    Billy Baldwin
    0.00%
    Yogi Berra
    3.28%
    Bruce Boisclair
    1.64%
    Ed Charles
    4.92%
    Donn Clendenon
    8.20%
    Doug Flynn
    3.28%
    Gary Gentry
    0.00%
    Steve Henderson
    3.28%
    Ron Hodges
    1.64%
    Roy Lee Jackson
    0.00%
    Skip Lockwood
    13.11%
    Willie Mays
    4.92%
    Doc Medich
    0.00%
    John Milner
    8.20%
    Dan Norman
    1.64%
    John Pacella
    1.64%
    Len Randle
    1.64%
    Luis Rosado
    0.00%
    Nolan Ryan
    4.92%
    Paul Siebert
    0.00%
    Warren Spahn
    1.64%
    John Stearns
    16.39%
    Craig Swan
    8.20%
    Jackson Todd
    0.00%
    Bobby Valentine
    3.28%
    Joel Youngblood
    6.56%
    Pat Zachry
    1.64%
    None of the above
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Also, during the 20th election, I will be doing a veteran's committee deal for players who weren't elected from elections 1-19. To qualify for that ballot, a player must have received at least 15% in an election at least once, and must have been on at least three different ballots.

Comment

Clendenon, Milner and Stearns (the token Met All-Star in the post-Seaver era).
      Last edited by PVNICK; 03-11-2009, 05:01 AM. Reason: poor typing

Comment

Vote For Dude !

Let's make this the round which elects John Stearns and Skip Lockwood, two of the best players to EVER give it all they had in Flushing.

Comment

Vote for skip!!!

Skip Lockwood needs one single vote to get to 75%! We can do this! And John Stearns has gotten past 80%! Now all we need is some more support for Swan and Clendenon.
          "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
          -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Well it looks like Mr. Stearns is headed for the Hall with Skip Lockwood not too far away himself.

Comment

I think I just put Skippy over the edge. I also voted for Stearns.

Doug Flynn got my "He was one of my favorites when I was a kid" vote.

John Pacella got a vote for the hat thing.
              If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Skip Lockwood and John Stearns are currently at and over 75%, respectively! The most underrated Mets pitcher and position player look like they may finally get their due!!!!
                "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

This ends in about seven hours.

Comment

Welcome aboard John Stearns. Skip Lockwood missed by one vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                      Welcome aboard John Stearns. Skip Lockwood missed by one vote.
                      Stearns truly deserved it. And he got in even without my vote!

Also, I'm so glad my missing vote would not have put Lockwood over the top. I'd probably never live it down, even if in my own conscience. At the rate the voting was going, however, he didn't miss by one vote. He would have needed four more votes by four more voters. Yes, 9 of 12 would have done it, so technically, he was one vote short given the 12 voters, but just as technically, at the conclusion, it would've taken four more voters all giving him a vote.
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X