David wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David wright

I know I am biased but I want to start a thread about David Wright. We all know he is a great player, most pundits place him in the top 10 players in the game. I'm throwing my hat in the ring. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that David is ready to, and will take that next step this year. I really believe that he will be the best player in baseball this year. He is ready to take that next step. The WBC is just the start. If I eat my words come October so be it, but I haven't felt this strongly about a player since Messier became a Ranger. He is the face of the franchise. It's ironic that Derek Jeter of all people is helping David take that next step. Thank you Derek you are a true professional.
    Your feelings?
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

He won't be the best player in the game until Pujols starts to decline.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

[QUOTE=theAmazingMet;1466484]I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that David is ready to, and will take that next step this year. I really believe that he will be the best player in baseball this year. He is ready to take that next step./QUOTE]

Albert Pujols?

Comment

I'm very aware of Albert. Pujols is in the top 3 in the game. I say Wright surpasses him this year.
        unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
        unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
        unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

The Sporting News has him pegged to win the NL MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
            The Sporting News has him pegged to win the NL MVP.
            *Me all of a sudden likes the Sporting News!*
            Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

I'm a Mets and David Wright fan, but I believe Josh Hamilton could emerge as the best player in the game after this coming season. Their numbers last year are nearly identical and Hamilton now has a year and a half under his belt.
              People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~Rogers Hornsby

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
                I know I am biased but I want to start a thread about David Wright. We all know he is a great player, most pundits place him in the top 10 players in the game. I'm throwing my hat in the ring. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that David is ready to, and will take that next step this year. I really believe that he will be the best player in baseball this year. He is ready to take that next step. The WBC is just the start. If I eat my words come October so be it, but I haven't felt this strongly about a player since Messier became a Ranger. He is the face of the franchise. It's ironic that Derek Jeter of all people is helping David take that next step. Thank you Derek you are a true professional.
                Your feelings?
                David Wright is far and away my favorite Met since Mike Piazza. Yes he is the face of the franchise, and probably has the makeup to be the captain of this team. However I look at both sides of the argument on him. The positives are he is unafraid to make any play he feels he can make on defense. He is very levelheaded, and always seems to have positive comments to say when confronted by the media. He seems to always be focused on his game. The egatives are as follows.
                He seems to melt down the stretch, and in big spots. Whether it's him placing too much pressure on himself, or the fans getting to him somewhat, he has had a certain degree of failure at times since the 2006 playoffs, and into Setember 2007, and September 2008. That being said I will say that to me his only rival @ 3B is Ryan Zimmerman at their age. Perhaps with a full season of Daniel Murphy in this lineup (I'd hit Murphy 2nd, Wright 3rd, and Beltran 4th) it will take a percentage of the pressure off of David's shoulders. Just my 2 cents.
                sigpic
                LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerseeJerry55 View Post
                  He seems to melt down the stretch, and in big spots.
                  August 2007: .394/.516/.657
                  September 2007: .352/.432/.602

August 2008: .310/.370/.575
                  September 2008: .340/.416/.577
                  "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by JerseeJerry55 View Post
                    David Wright is far and away my favorite Met since Mike Piazza. Yes he is the face of the franchise, and probably has the makeup to be the captain of this team. However I look at both sides of the argument on him. The positives are he is unafraid to make any play he feels he can make on defense. He is very levelheaded, and always seems to have positive comments to say when confronted by the media. He seems to always be focused on his game. The egatives are as follows.
                    He seems to melt down the stretch, and in big spots. Whether it's him placing too much pressure on himself, or the fans getting to him somewhat, he has had a certain degree of failure at times since the 2006 playoffs, and into Setember 2007, and September 2008. That being said I will say that to me his only rival @ 3B is Ryan Zimmerman at their age. Perhaps with a full season of Daniel Murphy in this lineup (I'd hit Murphy 2nd, Wright 3rd, and Beltran 4th) it will take a percentage of the pressure off of David's shoulders. Just my 2 cents.
                    as the previous poster said, he has hit INSANELY good in the last 2 september's.

Sorry, but i'd bet anything that these kind of opinions wouldn't be if he drove murphy home from 3rd in the cub game.....and that's flat out unfair. It's completely insane to judge a player on one at bat.
                    "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X