Ed Coleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Coleman

I can't stand listening to this guy. I'm listening now to his "Mets Report" on FAN. He is a Mets apologist. He almost never says anything remotely negative about the team. Plus, he tends to ramble. He's really awful, IMHO. I'm sure others will disagree, but I've thought this for a while.

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
    I can't stand listening to this guy. I'm listening now to his "Mets Report" on FAN. He is a Mets apologist. He almost never says anything remotely negative about the team. Plus, he tends to ramble. He's really awful, IMHO. I'm sure others will disagree, but I've thought this for a while.
    I disagree mostly. For one thing he openly advocated dealing Delgado this off season. However, keep in mind that he is with the team and in the clubhouse every day. He isn't there to create enemies. Also, there is enough negativity and skepticism from hosts on WFAN - Joe Benigno for example. It's nice to have someone who isn't ranting, raving, whining, crying at every little thing. I have a great deal of respect for Eddie C.

Comment

I'm not an Ed Coleman fan by any means (I find his lack of knowledge annoying sometimes), but it has nothing to do with his optimism.

as the 2nd poster said....we have enough negative people who talk about the mets, it's atleast nice to have someone who hasn't given up.
      "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
        If you really listen to what Ed Coleman has to say, and read between the lines he is frankly usually painted into a corner, primarily by both Franscesa, and Beningno who really never have anything positive to say about the Mets anyway. As far as I am concerned I'd rather listen to a Mets apologist, than a negative boorish host such as I've outlined. The way I look at it what is Coleman supposed to say anyway? I would rather be optomistic, than throw in the towel already. I think as presently constituted we are a 88-90 win team at the present time. Or is that just me being a Mets apologist as well?
        sigpic
        LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerseeJerry55 View Post
          If you really listen to what Ed Coleman has to say, and read between the lines he is frankly usually painted into a corner, primarily by both Franscesa, and Beningno who really never have anything positive to say about the Mets anyway. As far as I am concerned I'd rather listen to a Mets apologist, than a negative boorish host such as I've outlined. The way I look at it what is Coleman supposed to say anyway? I would rather be optomistic, than throw in the towel already. I think as presently constituted we are a 88-90 win team at the present time. Or is that just me being a Mets apologist as well?
          very fair point about beningo and francessesa painting him in a corner alot.

As presently constructed...right now i think we are a 88-90 win team as well....with 95-100 being a possibility IF things break right. (or 80-85 if things go horribly wrong).....(with all the bad stuff thats happened the last few years, you'd think maybe we are due for some good luck finally, I hope we didnt use it all up in 2006 lol )
          "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

This morning I was listening to him talk to Richard Neer, who is one of the Mets-friendly hosts on that station. In fact, he is a Mets fan. I wouldn't know how Francesa interviews Coleman b/c I don't listen to Francesa. He's an arrogant jerk, and I don't know why any Mets person would go on his show. There are Mets friendly hosts on that station, and when Coleman speaks to them, he speaks with rose-colored glasses. No doubt about it. And I know he favored trading Delgado. But for the most part, he routinely down plays any problems with the team.

Comment

Have pity on Ed Coleman... he used to work with Steve Somers...
              X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

I enjoy Somers. My favorite.

Comment

I always thought that Joe Benigno a fake mets fan he was never a fan of thier at all!

Comment

Joe is more into football.
                    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I love Ed Coleman & look forward to and enjoy his reports. I honestly think he should have been the heir apparent after Howie Rose moved into the the number-one seat in the booth when Gary Cohen left for TV.

Comment

Originally posted by exerciseguy View Post
                        I love Ed Coleman & look forward to and enjoy his reports. I honestly think he should have been the heir apparent after Howie Rose moved into the the number-one seat in the booth when Gary Cohen left for TV.
                        I really like Ed Coleman and his Mets reports - and was hoping he might get the spot, but after listening him do games here and there...he puts me to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                          Joe is more into football.
                          Joe is more into pain and death. I have never heard a more negative human being.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X