This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 New York Mets Regular Season

Happy Opening Day to all my Met friends here..

This is the official 2009 regular season thread to talk Mets baseball!

Lets hope this is our year this year!

Lets Go Mets! Lets Go Mets!
    "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
    ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Game 1 Preview:

New York (0-0) at Cincinnati (0-0)

Pitching Match-up:

Johan Santana

vs

Aaron Harang

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=290406117

* Game info: 1:10 pm EDT Mon Apr 6, 2009
    * TV: ESPN

LETS GO METS!!
    "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
    ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

I'll not be doing the pre-game pitching matchups like I did last year, but I'll still be doing the Dalkowski110's Baseball Cards New York Mets Player of the Game!
      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

First pitch pushed back to 1:40, per SNY & WFAN.

Comment

Favorite moment of the game so far:

After watching Jose Reyes swing and fly out on the first pitch of his at bat in the 5th, Dan Murphy steps to the plate takes two strikes looking, and manages to grind out a 9 pitch at bat, the last pitch of which he deposited over the right field wall to give the Mets the lead.

I know he doesn't have a huge track record, but you have to love his approach at the plate....That and the Red's atrocious defense.
          Go Mets
          "Nobody ever won a World Series drinking milk"
          -Doug Sisk, RP 1986 Mets

Comment

I enjoyed watching Ryan Church bobble the ball, and yet manage to catch it and double up the guy at first.

Also, I'm stepping over to the enemy side for a minute - it's cool to see Darnell McDonald is the Reds' opening day starting centerfielder. He's had a rough day in the field (lots of tough balls falling the wrong way) but after watching him in Rochester these past couple summers, I'm rooting for him as well. He certainly spent plenty of time in the minors, that's for sure.

Comment

And the Mets win 2-1! Despite Johan Santana's great work through five innings and a good showing by new relievers Sean Green, J.J. Putz, and Francisco Rodriguez, I have to give the Dalkowski110's Baseball Cards New York Mets Player of the Game Award to Daniel Murphy. Daniel drove in both Mets runs and hit the first round-tripper of the 2009 season! Congrats Daniel!

(2007 Bowman Heritage Prospects signed card)
              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

It's great to see the bullpen hold it. They picked the first game to make a statement, I like it. Good job today in rough conditions fellas!

unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

It's great to see not only a good closer in K-Rod, but also a solid 8 man in Putz. IMO the two have equally important roles considering what happened last season.

Now if Billy Wagner comes back in mid-season and takes a reliever role, that would be just scary. Wagner, Putz, K-Rod... 7,8,9.
                  STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

Please, I don't want to see any more of Wagner. Not even in the 7th. Great bullpen today. Wright had a not-so-good day. Struck out with man on 3rd and less than two outs. Got picked off 1B. And got thrown out at home. But a very nice start. Pelfrey up next.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
                      Please, I don't want to see any more of Wagner. Not even in the 7th. Great bullpen today. Wright had a not-so-good day. Struck out with man on 3rd and less than two outs. Got picked off 1B. And got thrown out at home. But a very nice start. Pelfrey up next.
                      But on the plus side a brilliant defensive play.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                        I enjoyed watching Ryan Church bobble the ball, and yet manage to catch it and double up the guy at first.
                        Do you mean this: http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=4018037

I like the crowd's reaction at around the 14th second.
                        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                          Do you mean this: http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=4018037

I like the crowd's reaction at around the 14th second.
                          I got a laugh out of the double "AWWW!!" from the crowd.

(ball hit)
                          "Yeaaahh!! ...AWWWW!!!!"

(ball thrown back to 1st)
                          "Yeaaahh!! ...AWWWW!!!!"

lol
                          STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
                            But on the plus side a brilliant defensive play.
                            I didn't see that play until after I had visited the web site to watch the highlights. For some reason, this year, the video for the highlights on the web site is very jerky. Is that happening to anyone else? Or is it something to do with my computer?

Comment

Was Santana pulled early in the sixth as a precaution? I thought he was grooving along and I was sure he'd at least go 7 innings. I noticed at one point between innings as Johann was walking off the field he winced and it looked like he grabbed his shoulder.
                              If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X