X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Mets Stats

METS STATS
    "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
    ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

The Mets stats so far, tell me that they'll be lucky to hit 100 homers this year.

On the brighter side...at least Citi Field is not a launching pad like new Yankee Stadium.
    Let's Go Mets!
    New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

I don't care about the bombs so much, but I do care about leaving half of New York in scoring position most of the time. That has to change in a big way. I keep yelling at the computer, "just a little hit"...but it seems we usually hit into a DP instead. Maybe it will even out over time.

Comment

I'm no stathead, so I don't know how to go about collecting this data, but...

If the teams in MLB were ranked by a "futility ratio" measuring:

(Errors + GIDP + basepath outs) / (Team RBI)

Basepath outs = picked off, caught stealing, and (I'm not sure how a box score captures this as I didn't look the next day) something like not touching 3B as you come around to (not) score the go-ahead run. (There's also no way to record "man on 3B who didn't tag up with one out to score on a sacrifice fly to deep left", but that's just a case of a player's "bad fundamentals" as opposed to team futility.)

I suspect I know what team would be right up there. But how would it compare to the MLB average?
        «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X