Ollie Perez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ollie Perez

Man, I really think that we'll regret this contract. While Lowe's deal with the Braves was too long and for too much, I would trade Ollie and his deal for Lowe's right now. Our rotation would look and feel sooo much better if it was: Santana, Lowe, Pelfrey, Maine and Hernandez as opposed to Santana, Pelfrey, Perez, Maine and Hernandez.

Sure Ollie will have his share of stellar games but he drives me crazy with the walks and he rarely gives the bullpen a break.

I never understood why the Mets wanted Perez back other than he was younger than some of the options available and capable of throwing 3 to 4 good games per year against the Yankees or Phils. Big Whoop , to me that's not enough. He just gives away too many games during the year, hurts the pen, and appears to have an I don't give a F&^%$ attitude that even Santana is trying to help with. Just a waste of cash on a total goof. I can't stand the guy mostly because of his flakey appearing attitude.

Comment

They needed another starter and there was no other good option other than Perez.

Don't get too hyped up on Lowe. He's been a great beneficiary of Dodger Stadium.
      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I think Lowe would have been a better option. With the emphasis on winning NOW, Lowe is a far more dependable pitcher than Ollie. That performance on Sunday must have had Mets fans feeling very conflicted. I know personally, it was great to see the Phils lose, but it stunk watching Lowe throw inning after inning of shutout ball, thinking about what could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
          They needed another starter and there was no other good option other than Perez.

Don't get too hyped up on Lowe. He's been a great beneficiary of Dodger Stadium.
          Lowe is a ground ball pitcher. It doesn't matter where he pitches as long as you give him a decent defensive infield. IMO he would have won between 15 and 18 with the Mets and tossed 200+ innings. Can't say that about Ollie.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
            Lowe is a ground ball pitcher. It doesn't matter where he pitches as long as you give him a decent defensive infield.
            Stats say otherwise.

2005 he was better on the road. But look at the following years:

Home: 10-4 3.18 ERA 113.1 IP 2.55 K/BB 93 OPS+
            Away: 6-4 4.13 ERA 104.2 IP 1.88 K/BB 108 OPS+

Home: 6-6 3.51 ERA 89.2 IP 3.30 K/BB 96 OPS+
            Away 6-8 4.19 ERA 104.2 IP 2.08 K/BB 103 OPS+

Home: 2.30 ERA 117.1 IP 3.95 K/BB 70 OPS+
            Away: 4.42 ERA 93.2 IP 2.67 K/BB 134 OPS+

(OPS+ is obviously what hitters hit against him).

Lowe preferred Atlanta over the Mets. He would have signed the 3 year offer the Mets gave him if he really wanted to be here (the Braves hadn't been heavily interested until they lost Smoltz and lost out on Burnett).
            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I really didn't want Perez to be back. While he does have age on his side, he just isn't worth it. This contract will come back to haunt us...
              ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
              ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X