Hanley Ramirez Mets killer South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanley Ramirez Mets killer South

Hanley Ramirez has taken the role of Pat Burrell over is now the NL East resident Mets killer. Guys like Randy Tomlin (Pirates), Anthony Young (he was a Mets killer as a Met), Pat Burrell, and now Ramirez have been notorious against us. If this keeps up 3rd place here we come.
    sigpic
    LETS GO METS !!!

He's hit .258/.324/.403 against us. He has the lowest OPS against the Mets out of all NL teams.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

anthony young was not nearly as bad a pitcher as his record suggested. He was the victim of a horrible team and horrible luck
      "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

"anthony young was not nearly as bad a pitcher as his record suggested. He was the victim of a horrible team and horrible luck"

Agreed. As a pitcher, he was actually slightly above league average.

Two guys who really killed the Mets not mentioned would be Willie Stargell and Bob Friend. Sandy Koufax also blew them apart every time he faced him. He went 17-2 against them. Another, more forgotten Met killer would be Gary Carter while he was a member of the Montreal Expos. He posted a line of .300/.383/.490 with an OPS of .873 against the Mets, belting 26 homeruns in 626 at-bats and driving in 94 runs.
        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
        -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Woudn't Ryan Howard be one of the Mets killers? He's hit to many HR's off of us including a walk-off back in 2007. I dont understand why Pat Burrell was one.

Comment

Originally posted by RedsoxMetsFan123 View Post
            Woudn't Ryan Howard be one of the Mets killers? He's hit to many HR's off of us including a walk-off back in 2007. I dont understand why Pat Burrell was one.
            Burrell had 41 lifetime homers against Mets pitching. Mets killer. I also neglected to include the entire Braves organization 1994-present as Mets killers
            sigpic
            LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
              He's hit .258/.324/.403 against us. He has the lowest OPS against the Mets out of all NL teams.
              In big spots the last two Septembers Ramirez has led the Marlins over the Mets, and went as far as to tell the Mets hierarchy to their faces that the Mets would not make the playoffs after the weekend was up last year. Mets killer!!!
              sigpic
              LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X