Our Mets Hall of Fame veteran's committee sign up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Mets Hall of Fame veteran's committee sign up

I'd like to get at least six participants for this. This is going to be a lot like the progressive Hall of Fame VC (look in the Hall of Fame forum to see what I'm talking about). I'm going to provide a list of players eligible for the VC vote, and I will ask you to select 15 that would be most likely to vote for (but you don't have to vote for them on the final ballot). I will then take all the players who receive 50% of the first vote, and they will construct the final ballot. You will then be able to vote for however many players you want on the final ballot, and those that get at least 75% there will be inducted into Our Mets Hall of Fame. Each of the two elections will run for seven days, or until all the voters have voted - whichever comes first.

To be eligible for the VC, a player must have been on the ballot at least three times, must have received over 15% of the vote at least once, and must not be on the current "normal" ballot.

The first VC election will run concurrently with the 20th "normal" election. This thread is just a sign-up list, I will start a new thread for the actual election.

OMHOF VC voters:

Cowtipper
    Dalkowski110
    Mongoose
    whoisonit
    milladrive
    PVNICK
    JerseeJerry55
    Last edited by Cowtipper; 04-23-2009, 09:13 PM.

Sign me up.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Sign me up.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

I'm in cowtipper !

Comment

I'd like to be a part but I'd be inclined to give no-one a vote on the theory that if they couldn't get in especially under the generous standards to date they shouldn't get in.

Comment

I'd definitely be into it.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
              I'd like to be a part but I'd be inclined to give no-one a vote on the theory that if they couldn't get in especially under the generous standards to date they shouldn't get in.
              If you've already decided to vote no why do you want in ? It seems a Met HoF VC should consist of people with open minds willing to consider arguments both pro and con.

What are the "generous standards to date" ? 75% is hardly "generous" when as few as 8 and at most 18 have voted leaving room for those who just don't understand the stated standards and rules to skewer the results.

Am I correct in assuming the "but" means you're removing yourself from consideration as a voter ?

Comment

I see it as if a player slipped through the cracks somehow he'd get my vote. Clendenon for one looks like he might. But considering the brouhahah, such as it is, that was underway with the regular vote I thought it was only right to pre-announce that I am inclined to be the curmudgeon on the panel and there could be votes where there's nobody that I would be inclined to vote for.

Comment

Well, we got our goal of six members, but would anyone else like to join?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                    I'd like to get at least six participants for this. This is going to be a lot like the progressive Hall of Fame VC (look in the Hall of Fame forum to see what I'm talking about). I'm going to provide a list of players eligible for the VC vote, and I will ask you to select 15 that would be most likely to vote for (but you don't have to vote for them on the final ballot). I will then take all the players who receive 50% of the first vote, and they will construct the final ballot. You will then be able to vote for however many players you want on the final ballot, and those that get at least 75% there will be inducted into Our Mets Hall of Fame. Each of the two elections will run for seven days, or until all the voters have voted - whichever comes first.

To be eligible for the VC, a player must have been on the ballot at least three times, must have received over 15% of the vote at least once, and must not be on the current "normal" bal
                    The first VC election will run concurrently with the 20th "normal" election. This thread is just a sign-up list, I will start a new thread for the actual election.

OMHOF VC voters:

Cowtipper
                    Dalkowski110
                    Mongoose
                    whoisonit
                    milladrive
                    PVNICK
                    I want in as well
                    sigpic
                    LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                      Thankfully, there is one reasonable person around here.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X