Reyes
    Castillo
    Beltran
    Delgado
    Wright
    Church
    Tatis/Sheffield
    catcher

Regardless of his BA, Murphy has already cost this team two games with his defense (or lack thereof) and he should be playing LF in Buffalo right now until he shows some improvement. His lack of power does not justify him playing LF everyday with such a bad glove, and arm.

Never liked the Sheffield signing. Church should be playing every day. If anything, let Sheff share time in LF with Tatis until one of them gets hot.
    The next time Manuel starts Sheff in RF over Church against a righty, or starts Tatis at 2B, I'm going to scream. Of course, that will probably be tonight. This team is flawed enough as it is. Jerry doesn't have to take action to make things worse.

Im actually 100% fine with this for the time being. The only adjustment Id make on the whole post is that Murphy should play 1st in Buffalo. Then next year hes our starter.

I have to wait 25-30 games before I start using the word flawed. Its been clutch hitting and some brain farts that have cost us the games we've lost...

Clutch hitting and brain farts are precisely the kind of stuff that can be remedied...

Patience...(at least for a few weeks)...Patience...

Comment

This is pathetic. Its embarassing to actually be a Met fan and see that this is what other people who categorize themselves as Met fans think.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
        This is pathetic. Its embarassing to actually be a Met fan and see that this is what other people who categorize themselves as Met fans think.
        Huh? And what do you think oh great one?

Comment

Perhaps you might wait more than two weeks. You might be aware that neither Tatis or Sheffield are competent and Tatis is a converted infieler. Manny the great hope would never have made it out of AAA by your logic. This reactionary attitude and blowing everything out of proportion to reality is tiresome. Oh and a googly eye to you too.

Comment

Manny the great hope would never have made it out of AAA by your logic.
            Manny can hit the [email protected]#$ out of the ball. When your left fielder can hit well over 300 and slug upwards of 590, the poor defensive is tolerable.
            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
              What it SHOULD be:

Reyes
              Castillo
              Beltran
              Delgado
              Wright
              Church
              Tatis/Sheffield
              catcher

Regardless of his BA, Murphy has already cost this team two games with his defense (or lack thereof) and he should be playing LF in Buffalo right now until he shows some improvement. His lack of power does not justify him playing LF everyday with such a bad glove, and arm.

Never liked the Sheffield signing. Church should be playing every day. If anything, let Sheff share time in LF with Tatis until one of them gets hot.
              The next time Manuel starts Sheff in RF over Church against a righty, or starts Tatis at 2B, I'm going to scream. Of course, that will probably be tonight. This team is flawed enough as it is. Jerry doesn't have to take action to make things worse.
              The bottom line is that Manuel with his statement during the early part of ST the "Murphy is my everyday LF" has probably hurt the team, more than it has helped Murphy. Yes he is a liability in LF ESPECIALLY since he is a brand new home park, and has not even an entire year under his belt. I probably would send him down for a little bit to get his confidence back, and split the LF between Tatis, and Sheffield. Church regardless of what Manuel feels about him is the better option full time in RF, than Sheffield although Sheff has played a decent RF for the most part. Additionally the switch in the batting order of Wright, and Beltran has to start this afternoon, and Castillo in the 2 hole is the right thing to do to correct any issues.
              sigpic
              LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                Manny can hit the [email protected]#$ out of the ball. When your left fielder can hit well over 300 and slug upwards of 590, the poor defensive is tolerable.
                you misse dthe point, Manny in his first cup of coffee hit .170 and slugged
                .302 in 50 odd AB, the next year .269 with a .521 SPct but he would never have had the cahnce to develop had he been jerked around like it is being suggested. I don't see how having a 40 year old DH and another converted infielder take his place is a step in the right direction, for now or the foreseeable future.

Comment

Perhaps you might wait more than two weeks. You might be aware that neither Tatis or Sheffield are competent and Tatis is a converted infieler. Manny the great hope would never have made it out of AAA by your logic. This reactionary attitude and blowing everything out of proportion to reality is tiresome. Oh and a googly eye to you too.
                  The comeback player of the year and a guy that just hit 500 HR's are incompetent?

Yes, lets keep things status quo. Murphy is a staleworth out there.

Thats been working real well.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltzy23 View Post
                    The comeback player of the year and a guy that just hit 500 HR's are incompetent?

Yes, lets keep things status quo. Murphy is a staleworth out there.

Thats been working real well.
                    I thought we were talking defense weren't we or do you have to change the topic becuase you concede that you have none. At any rate, Sheffield hit @ .220 last year and is there in limited AB this year. I'm not sure that comeback player of the year is indicative of anything. Also, what is is a stalewort? I never heard of that word before. I think you might mean stalwart.

Comment

you misse dthe point, Manny in his first cup of coffee hit .170 and slugged
                      .302 in 50 odd AB, the next year .269 with a .521 SPct but he would never have had the cahnce to develop had he been jerked around like it is being suggested. I don't see how having a 40 year old DH and another converted infielder take his place is a step in the right direction, for now or the foreseeable future.
                      To even compare Manny to Murphy is just ridiculous. Murphy doesn't have anywhere near the potential that Manny the prospect had. If Murphy has a GOOD offensive year this season he'll hit .290 with about 8 homeruns and 70 rbi. Hardly good numbers for a corner outfielder, especially since he can't field, throw or run. I love the kid but I'm sorry, he should be playing every day in AAA until he gets more comfortable out there. It's embarassing right now. Not quite Hundley-esque but not much better either. He makes Tatis look like Paul Blair. It may be a couple of weeks or a couple of months but frankly we lose very little, if anything at all, right now with him out of the lineup. Castillo should be in the two hole anyway.

Don't even get me started on Manuel sitting Church for Sheffield instead of Murphy against a righty. Hello Jerry????? It's hard not to love Murphy with his beautiful swing and his unmatched work ethic but I just haven't seen nearly enough to dub this kid the "everyday leftfielder".

Comment

If the Mets had any brains they would have Murphy playing left field in Buffalo until the All Star break so that he can actually learn the position and build up his arm strength. The Mets could get by with Tatis, Sheffield and Reed in left. Learning on the job, especially given the last two years of horrible endings, traumatized fans, the normal high expectations of NYC and having a new oddly shaped park is just stupid. The Mets aren't good enough to give ANY games away at this stage. He better be the next Pete Rose (minus the character flaws) to allow this to continue.

And to compare Manny to Murphy is just nuts. Manny can hit better with his third leg.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X