• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by ReyesOfHope View Post
    It wasn't a legitimate question?
    It was. It's the way you worded it (and other things) that peeves us off. You can ask a legitimate question while simultanteously attempting to demean or belittle the person you're asking. That's why we give you such... Oops, I've made a tentative decision to ignore you, so I won't continue.

The answer to your question is yes. VC member can change their minds right up until the end of voting. This is why there's no poll. Cooperstown VC'ers can do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• ReyesOfHope
    replied
    Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
    Can anyone spell t-r-o-l-l ?
    It wasn't a legitimate question?

Leave a comment:

• whoisonit
    replied
    Can anyone spell t-r-o-l-l ?

Leave a comment:

• ReyesOfHope
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
    So far, we've had votes from 6 out of the 7 members of the VC, and unless some members change their votes before the deadline tomorrow, there will be no one elected via the Mets VC this time around.
    Wow...you let people change their votes after the fact?

Leave a comment:

• Cowtipper
    replied
    No one got more than 50% of the vote.

Code:
    Name	              Votes   Percentage

Bob Apodaca 		2	33.33%
    Ed Charles 		2	33.33%
    Doug Flynn 		2	33.33%
    Ron Hodges 		2	33.33%
    Joe Pignatano 		2	33.33%
    Marv Throneberry 	2	33.33%
    Choo Choo Coleman 	1	16.67%
    Roger Craig		1	16.67%
    Gary Gentry 		1	16.67%
    Steve Henderson 	1	16.67%
    Al Jackson 		1	16.67%
    Nolan Ryan		1	16.67%
    Frank Thomas 		1	16.67%
    Richie Ashburn		0	0.00%
    Duke Snider		0	0.00%
    We elected nobody.

Leave a comment:

• Cowtipper
    replied
    So far, we've had votes from 6 out of the 7 members of the VC, and unless some members change their votes before the deadline tomorrow, there will be no one elected via the Mets VC this time around.

Leave a comment:

• whoisonit
    replied
    My sole vote is for Marv Throneberry. Rarely is a player so inexorably linked to a franchise. Who are the others ? Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Billy Williams ... the list is short. The Mets and Marv Throneberry skip through baseball history hand in hand now and forever. Marv Throneberry is The Mets.

I'll definitly go for Apodaca as a coach. As a player though I need some convincing.

Leave a comment:

• JerseeJerry55
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Welcome to Our Mets Hall of Fame Veteran's Committee election #1, vote 2. Members of the Veteran's Committee are allowed to vote in this election.

The members of the Veteran's Committee are:

Cowtipper
    Dalkowski110
    Mongoose
    whoisonit
    milladrive
    PVNICK
    JerseeJerry55

We have whittled the initial list down a little, and now we are onto the final ballot, which is as follows:

Bob Apodaca
    Richie Ashburn
    Ed Charles
    Choo Choo Coleman
    Roger Craig
    Doug Flynn
    Gary Gentry
    Steve Henderson
    Ron Hodges
    Al Jackson
    Joe Pignatano
    Nolan Ryan
    Duke Snider
    Frank Thomas
    Marv Throneberry

You may select as many players from this list to be elected into the Mets Hall of Fame as you want. A player must receive at least 75% of the vote to be elected to the Mets Hall of Fame.

This vote will run for seven days (until May 9) or until all of the VC members have voted, whichever comes first. However, at least four out of the seven VC members must vote for the voting to come to a close - so, if only three out of the seven members have voted by the end of day seven, voting will not continue until at least one more member has voted.

Would you like to be a member of Our Mets Hall of Fame Veteran's Committee? If so, just say so. You will be eligible to start voting in the next VC election, which will be concurrent to election 25 (and, will overlap with election 26 by three days).
    My votes would be as follows:
    Apodaca
    Charles
    Coleman
    Flynn
    Gentry
    Pignatano
    Ryan
    Wanted to put in Throneberry, but since his bigger claim to fame is with Miller Lite I chose to omit him. However if the Mets ever come up with a "Beer" Hall Of Fame, Marv's a lock for it.
    JerseeJerry55

Leave a comment:

• PVNICK
    replied
    I think Frank Thomas is an omission so I go for him since he was actually all-star worthy as a Met (at least for 1962) unlike say Marv Throneberry or for that matter anyone else on this list.

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    If I could vote for Joe Pignatano AS A COACH, I would. I've changed my mind about Ryan; there's really very little seperating his Mets career from, say, Gary Gentry's. I could probably be convinced to support Jackson or Craig, but as of now, I do not. As of now, my VC ballot is blank. As for Marv Throneberry or Choo Choo Coleman exemplifying the early Mets...not in the opinion of Mets fans of the era that I've asked. If I had to vote for one guy that exemplified the 1962-1964 Mets according to a majority of fans from that era, it would be Rod Kanehl, who gave 1000%, was a class act, and still stunk. But he's not on the ballot, so...

BTW, yes, I'd like to be on all future Veterans' Committees.
    Last edited by Dalkowski110; 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cowtipper
    replied
    Since I've developed a trend of voting for above average relief pitchers in the regular elections, I think I will vote for Bob Apodaca for VC election.

Furthermore, I'm going to vote for Marv Throneberry, because he exemplified the early Mets - he was a lovable loser.

So...

Bob Apodaca
    Ron Hodges
    Marv Throneberry

I might vote for Ryan, but I'd need a little more convincing with that.

Edit:

I'm adding Ron Hodges to my list as well.
    Last edited by Cowtipper; 05-08-2009, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Pignatano is someone I might vote for as a coach. From all I've heard he and Rube Walker were very good at continuing the system of coaching based on mechanics that was responsible for so many great pitchers from the Mets organization flourishing at the Major League level.

I'd also vote for Bing Devine and Whitey Herzog (when are the front office elections coming?).

I don't know about Piggy as a player, though, but until I have some option to vote for coaches and managers, guys like Piggy and Yogi will continue to get my vote.

Also, for guys like Ron Hodges, there really ought to be another level of honor; a roll of honor, perhaps. I think he deserves to be honored and I'll vote for him as a Mets Hall of Famer this time because there's no other way to honor him, but he's like many of these guys on the list in that he deserves to be remembered, but not at the level of a Koosman or Mookie.

Many of these guys are Mets classics, but don't quite warrant the highest honors.

On edit:

So my list is:

Ed Charles
    Roger Craig
    Doug Flynn
    Steve Henderson
    Ron Hodges
    Al Jackson
    Joe Pignatano
    Last edited by Mongoose; 05-04-2009, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cowtipper
    replied
    Furthermore, I have come up with how we are going to get people off the VC ballot (ie, their VC eligibility expires). If a player is voted off during the initial ballot in two consecutive VC elections, they will no longer be eligible for the VC (so if Bobby Valentine, Warren Spahn, Felix Mantilla or Yogi Berra are voted off during the initial ballot during the next VC election, they will no longer be eligible to be elected via the VC).

And, if a player makes it past the first cut but doesn't get more than 50% of the vote in three consecutive VC elections, he too will be no longer eligible for the VC.

I'm just doing this because I think there's no point in keeping guys on the VC ballot if they're not even getting much support here. They just aren't meant to be OMHOFers, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Our Mets Hall of Fame Veteran's Committee election #1, vote 2

Welcome to Our Mets Hall of Fame Veteran's Committee election #1, vote 2. Members of the Veteran's Committee are allowed to vote in this election.

The members of the Veteran's Committee are:

Cowtipper
    Dalkowski110
    Mongoose
    whoisonit
    milladrive
    PVNICK
    JerseeJerry55

We have whittled the initial list down a little, and now we are onto the final ballot, which is as follows:

Bob Apodaca
    Richie Ashburn
    Ed Charles
    Choo Choo Coleman
    Roger Craig
    Doug Flynn
    Gary Gentry
    Steve Henderson
    Ron Hodges
    Al Jackson
    Joe Pignatano
    Nolan Ryan
    Duke Snider
    Frank Thomas
    Marv Throneberry

You may select as many players from this list to be elected into the Mets Hall of Fame as you want. A player must receive at least 75% of the vote to be elected to the Mets Hall of Fame.

This vote will run for seven days (until May 9) or until all of the VC members have voted, whichever comes first. However, at least four out of the seven VC members must vote for the voting to come to a close - so, if only three out of the seven members have voted by the end of day seven, voting will not continue until at least one more member has voted.

Would you like to be a member of Our Mets Hall of Fame Veteran's Committee? If so, just say so. You will be eligible to start voting in the next VC election, which will be concurrent to election 25 (and, will overlap with election 26 by three days).

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X