My top 10 favorite players vs. the Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My top 10 favorite players vs. the Mets

My top 10 favorite players that I ever saw against the Mets (pre 1990)
    1) Willie McCovey
    2) Mike Schmidt
    3) Jimmy "The Toy Cannon" Wynn
    4) Pete Rose
    5) Dave Parker
    6) Dale Murphy
    7) Dave Winfield
    8) Andre Dawson
    9) Steve Garvey
    10) Willi Stargell
    sigpic
    LETS GO METS !!!

I don't know that I would call them "favorites" exactly -- it was more like grudging respect. But I agree with you on a lot of these guys, Jerry -- especially Schmidt and Dawson. Another guy who just struck me as fearsome at the plate was Pedro Guerrero. And somebody else who drove me nuts with his series of line-drive base hits was Terry Pendleton.

Comment

My favorite opponent vs the Mets? George Thomas Seaver
      unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
      unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
      unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Chipper Jones. I respect the hell out of that guy. I met him once at a Marlins game and I was wearing my Mets hat. He said "A Mets fan huh?" and I said "yep born and raised" and he said "You guys are some of the best fans in the league" He was really a cool guy.

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball View Post
          I don't know that I would call them "favorites" exactly -- it was more like grudging respect. But I agree with you on a lot of these guys, Jerry -- especially Schmidt and Dawson. Another guy who just struck me as fearsome at the plate was Pedro Guerrero. And somebody else who drove me nuts with his series of line-drive base hits was Terry Pendleton.
          2 guys I left off the list were Bill "Mad Dog" Madlock, and Jeffrey"Penetentiary Face" Leonard. One Flap D:bowdown:own Jeffrey, One Flap Down.
          sigpic
          LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball View Post
            I don't know that I would call them "favorites" exactly -- it was more like grudging respect.
            Chipper Jones - hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbutta29 View Post
              Chipper Jones. I respect the hell out of that guy. I met him once at a Marlins game and I was wearing my Mets hat. He said "A Mets fan huh?" and I said "yep born and raised" and he said "You guys are some of the best fans in the league" He was really a cool guy.
              During the All-Star Game parade in Manhattan last year I booed Chipper when he came out. He heard all the boos and smiled and laughed it off. I definitely respect the guy.
              Last edited by RayNY; 05-16-2009, 05:35 PM.
              STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X