Bring Roy to NY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Roy to NY!

We need to get Roy Halladay. Whether it be by an available trade,or an off-season sign. Him and Johan would make the best 1-2 punch. Mets need a good number 2. Bring Roy to NY! It can happen. I never knew Johan would ever be a Met. You never know.

The trick is to get'em before they get good or when they are under valued.

Comment

You're right. Hmmm,maybe they'll falter. i'd rather have him than Peavy.

Comment

You would need to give up wayyy too much to get him right now. Especially since the jays are in the hunt... for now.

Comment

I'm patient if they decide to keep him and wait for a free agent deal after the season.

Comment

The Jays aren't going to trade him so long as they are 3rd or better in the division. Rays proved last year you don't need a $150M+ payroll to win.
            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I'll just wait for free agency then. will give up less guys than in a trade.

Comment

We dont have money to sign this guy. Id like to have him, but not at whatever im sure the high asking price would be.

Comment

He won't get Sanata or CC money.
                  "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

No but he may get Derek Lowe money or money the team obviously doesnt wish to pay.

Comment

He could easily get CC or santana money. This guy goes out there every 5th day and wins 70% of the time on a (normally) sub-par team. Second best winning percentage against the yanks in history as a starter!

Comment

I'll still hold out for him. in May,GM's don't even think about getting high priced guys. In November especially (and July),all of a sudden,they see how their season went,check to see what holes need to be filled and then try to sign someone that one would least expect. many teams know that having 2 main guys in a rotation is always a good thing. if Roy gets traded to somewhat low budget team with high expectations,like CC last year,expect that pitcher as a rent-a-guy.i wouldn't rule anything out.

Comment

Originally posted by cdn_ball View Post
                          He could easily get CC or santana money. This guy goes out there every 5th day and wins 70% of the time on a (normally) sub-par team.
                          I disagree. Anyone who thinks he can continue to be this good for 6-7 years is only fooling themselves. Take into account the economic factor as well.

Second best winning percentage against the yanks in history as a starter!
                          Kudos to him for that, but that doesn't really mean a great deal to anyone except the Yankees and Red Sox.

Comment

Just curious...should we have paid OP 36 for 3? He's in the minors or on the DL or whatever...he's becoming the "new" Zambrano. I would rather have "wasted" an extra 12 or whatever on Derk Lowe to bring him here. Livan has been good but woudn't you rather push Maine back one ( or leave him there) knowing that Lowe would be a better number 2 (or 3 if you need go go L R L)? I'd over pay Halladay to get him here. Use him for a few then release him when he stops performing.
                            Last edited by MSUlaxer27; 05-23-2009, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I believe that Roy signed an extension and with the Jays through the 2010 season. The fans would go nuts if they traded him any time soon.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X