X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
    I believe that Roy signed an extension and with the Jays through the 2010 season. The fans would go nuts if they traded him any time soon.
    Any more nutty than did the Twins fans when Santana was traded?

Has anyone bothered to consult with any Blue Jays fans on this? I do believe that you and the other Admins here may need to dig a fairly wide moat (throw a few crocodiles in for good luck) if word got out that another team wanted their ace. If he were truly available (trade or free agency), the Mets would have to compete with offers from the Cubs, LA Dodgers, SF Giants, Red Sox and Yankees. The only advantage the Mets would have over the Red Sox and Yankees is that they're an NL team, whereas the other two are AL East teams, the Blue Jays' division.

I believe that Mets fans should consider themselves very lucky to have gotten Johan Santana for merely a song.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 05-23-2009, 05:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NJMetfan4life
    replied
    I like Halladay, I'd love to see him on the Mets, but I don't think he will be a Met. Some team is going to swoop in and sign him for some outragous amount, I have a feeling Roy could be the next Barry Zito. But, I said could, for future reference to someone who will someday dig up old threads and see this.

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    replied
    I believe that Roy signed an extension and with the Jays through the 2010 season. The fans would go nuts if they traded him any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• MSUlaxer27
    replied
    Just curious...should we have paid OP 36 for 3? He's in the minors or on the DL or whatever...he's becoming the "new" Zambrano. I would rather have "wasted" an extra 12 or whatever on Derk Lowe to bring him here. Livan has been good but woudn't you rather push Maine back one ( or leave him there) knowing that Lowe would be a better number 2 (or 3 if you need go go L R L)? I'd over pay Halladay to get him here. Use him for a few then release him when he stops performing.
    Last edited by MSUlaxer27; 05-23-2009, 03:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    Originally posted by cdn_ball View Post
    He could easily get CC or santana money. This guy goes out there every 5th day and wins 70% of the time on a (normally) sub-par team.
    I disagree. Anyone who thinks he can continue to be this good for 6-7 years is only fooling themselves. Take into account the economic factor as well.

Second best winning percentage against the yanks in history as a starter!
    Kudos to him for that, but that doesn't really mean a great deal to anyone except the Yankees and Red Sox.

Leave a comment:

• DukeBX
    replied
    I'll still hold out for him. in May,GM's don't even think about getting high priced guys. In November especially (and July),all of a sudden,they see how their season went,check to see what holes need to be filled and then try to sign someone that one would least expect. many teams know that having 2 main guys in a rotation is always a good thing. if Roy gets traded to somewhat low budget team with high expectations,like CC last year,expect that pitcher as a rent-a-guy.i wouldn't rule anything out.

Leave a comment:

• cdn_ball
    replied
    He could easily get CC or santana money. This guy goes out there every 5th day and wins 70% of the time on a (normally) sub-par team. Second best winning percentage against the yanks in history as a starter!

Leave a comment:

• Jbutta29
    replied
    No but he may get Derek Lowe money or money the team obviously doesnt wish to pay.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    He won't get Sanata or CC money.

Leave a comment:

• Jbutta29
    replied
    We dont have money to sign this guy. Id like to have him, but not at whatever im sure the high asking price would be.

Leave a comment:

• DukeBX
    replied
    I'll just wait for free agency then. will give up less guys than in a trade.

Leave a comment:

• NYMets523
    replied
    The Jays aren't going to trade him so long as they are 3rd or better in the division. Rays proved last year you don't need a $150M+ payroll to win.

Leave a comment:

• DukeBX
    replied
    I'm patient if they decide to keep him and wait for a free agent deal after the season.

Leave a comment:

• cdn_ball
    replied
    You would need to give up wayyy too much to get him right now. Especially since the jays are in the hunt... for now.

Leave a comment:

• DukeBX
    replied
    You're right. Hmmm,maybe they'll falter. i'd rather have him than Peavy.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X