No announcement yet.

jackie robinson rotunda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the JRR really qualify as a great public space? It's only open limited times - mostly during Mets games - and you have to pay admission to enter it. When there is no event at Citi Field the JRR is closed, you can only look at it from the outside. Doesn't sound very "public" to me.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

good point Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
        Does the JRR really qualify as a great public space? It's only open limited times - mostly during Mets games - and you have to pay admission to enter it. When there is no event at Citi Field the JRR is closed, you can only look at it from the outside. Doesn't sound very "public" to me.
        True enough, but really the point I think Darryl was making. Let's just call it a "great place" which promotes values for all people beyond the limited scope of baseball. I think this is what Darryl was getting at.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X