K-Rod out indefinitely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-Rod out indefinitely

According to SNY K-Rod is out indefinitely with back spasms. More info to follow i'm sure...
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

This does not sound good. I can't take another season of the Mets having no closer.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
      This does not sound good. I can't take another season of the Mets having no closer.
      Thank god we have JJ Putz.
      Born, raise and living in Flushing since 93.

Comment

Hopefully, some cortisone can take care of it. Yeah, we've got Putz, but even he's been aching lately. I'd sure hate to see us go without both for any extended period of time.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

K-Rod may be available today according to pre-game on channel 11. I highly doubt Jerry would risk it however. Let Putz pitch the 9th if needed. We should be careful here. Don't need another player down.

A little off topic but that JR music commercial has to be the most annoying commercial ever. I mute the TV when it comes on.
          unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
          unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
          unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
            A little off topic but that JR music commercial has to be the most annoying commercial ever. I mute the TV when it comes on.
            The one with the "Guitar playing" right, I hate it. Almost, as annoying as the "I'm into Nuggets" commercial from '07.

Comment

I got good news

K-Rod out of hospital http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4202599

BOSTON -- New York Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez was back with the club on Sunday and feeling better after being hospitalized for back spasms following Saturday night's game.

Mets manager Jerry Manuel was unsure when Rodriguez would be available, but expects shortstop Jose Reyes to play Monday at home against the Nationals. Reyes has been sidelined with tendinitis in his right calf.

Francisco Rodriguez

Rodriguez

Manuel said after Saturday night's game that Rodriguez couldn't walk following batting practice. The right-hander said "his legs locked up," prompting medical personnel to take him to an ambulance on a stretcher.

"That was scary," Rodriguez said on Sunday, talking to the media with his back wrapped while the Mets took batting practice before their game against the Red Sox. "I've never felt anything like that.

"They gave me some medicine and it feels better."

A three-time All-Star who saved a major league record 62 games for the Los Angeles Angels last season, K-Rod came to the Mets for a three-year, $37 million free-agent contract as the centerpiece of an offseason bullpen overhaul.

He is 12 for 12 in save opportunities, including a perfect ninth on Friday night against Boston, and is 1-0 with a 0.87 ERA in 20 games this season.

J.J. Putz pitched in the ninth on Saturday to close out the 3-2 victory over Boston.

Rodriguez said he might be able to pitch on Sunday, but Manuel wasn't so sure.

"He's still managing it. It feels much better today," Manuel said. "His availability is still undetermined at this point. I have to check to see if he has a history of this thing. I haven't found that out yet."
              Born, raise and living in Flushing since 93.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X