Ramon Martinez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramon Martinez

Am I the only one who's had enough of his current incompetence?

The best shortstop we can come up with while Reyes is temporarily (we hope) is out? And when he comes to the plate, I basically consider it an automatic out.

He's had his day in the majors, and he's showing that he's not much more than a hindrance to the Mets' '09 success. I say just release the guy.
    Put it in the books.

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    Am I the only one who's had enough of his current incompetence?
    I think we all are tired of his "brew-ha" at the plate and on the field.

Not to defend him, but isn't he just coming off of hernia surgery?
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

He made a couple pretty impressive plays last night, I'll give him that.

It is unfortunate that Martinez is all they got, however. It just goes to show their lack of minor league depth.

Perhaps they should call up Argenis Reyes and try him out at shortstop? Because as of right now, their other minor league shortstops aren't doing too well. Ruben Tejada is hitting .248 for Binghamton, and Jose Coronado hit .141 while with Buffalo. It wouldn't be wise, obviously, to go dipping into their A-ball teams to get a shortstop.

Comment

I'd assume that normally, they'd have Cora in there at shortstop. With two injuries at that position, though, it looks like Martinez is the best the Mets are going to get for the time being. Hopefully, 1) Reyes comes back very soon and 2) this is just an odd slump for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
          I think we all are tired of his "brew-ha" at the plate and on the field.

Not to defend him, but isn't he just coming off of hernia surgery?
          He was working in Single-A and was called up to AAA Buffalo to fill in for an injured player. Now he's here doing the same.

There's not much they can do at this point. Outside the organization, the options seem to be Bobby Crosby or Khalil Greene. Only guy who I'd pursue would be Omar Vizquel. Not sure of his availability.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Martinez looks way more comfortable at SS the last few games. made a nice backhand play last night for an out. ball almost ate him up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X