We need a competent firstbaseman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a competent firstbaseman!

Is there no one in Buffalo who knows how to play first base?
    Put it in the books.

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    Is there no one in Buffalo who knows how to play first base?
    After seeing Buffalo play in Durham, I have a very simple answer.....NO. Jason Cooper, who has been a lifer at AAA Buffalo was playing first. Your other options are Wily Mo Pena or Michel Abreu. None of them are necessarily stellar with the glove. Anything that is added for defense at First Base will need to come outside the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by dmbfan View Post
      After seeing Buffalo play in Durham, I have a very simple answer.....NO. Jason Cooper, who has been a lifer at AAA Buffalo was playing first. Your other options are Wily Mo Pena or Michel Abreu. None of them are necessarily stellar with the glove. Anything that is added for defense at First Base will need to come outside the organization.
      I think we can kill 2 to 3 birds with one stone from either of the following:
      1) Trade for Adam Dunn, Nick Johnson, John Lannan, and Willie Harris from the Nationals. I'd deal Murphy, Niese, F Mart, and 1 to 3 other good prospects.
      2) Trade for Ryan Garko, Mark DeRosa, Cliff Lee, and Ben Francisco. I'd deal the package above I listed as well.
      Both packages would fill our needs, and undoubtedly it would give either the Nationals, or Indians needed a infussion of youth.
      sigpic
      LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

The Mets could barely get one of those players let alone four.
        "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

After the way Murphy performed today, I almost take back this thread. Granted, he's no powerhouse, and defensively he still seems a bit awkward, but he performed well enough today for me to hope he gets more time there, if only to see how well he can adjust.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

If they keep Murphy at 1b, they need an outfielder with more pop to balance him out.

Comment

Originally posted by LostMet View Post
              If they keep Murphy at 1b, they need an outfielder with more pop to balance him out.
              I totally agree. If Murphy is indeed the answer (at this stage it only appears from a defensive standpoint) then Omar needs to be working the phone lines to get a solid OF'r. I liken this to what the Texas Rangers are doing. They have Chris Davis @ 1st, but have surrounded/insulated him with good hitting to make up for his lack of offensive production. I like Daniel, and as a fan I am willing to see if he can become a solid offensive/defensive player @ 1st, and build up the team in other areas.
              sigpic
              LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X