Reyes has hammy tear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reyes has hammy tear

just when you thought it couldn't get worse, it does. Reyes was revealed to have a small tear in his hamstring and will be shut down for a few days.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

really? a "few" days?
    Last edited by EasilyFound; 06-04-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
      just when you thought it couldn't get worse, it does. Reyes was revealed to have a small tear in his hamstring and will be shut down for a few days.
      I am at a loss with the philosophy of this organization. I will list the following for my argument:
      1) The medical staff of this team is partly to blame. I think that they misdiagnose most of the injuries. Day to day, usually ends up week to week. Percentage of blame is 25%.
      2) Field management also has about 25%. What do Putz, Delgado, Reyes, and Church all have in common. All 4 were allowed to board a plane to the west coast the last 2 seasons after suffering injuries, and allowed to play and worsen the injuries. If a players hurt, he's hurt and don't let him play case closed!!!
      3) Omar Minaya, about 35%. Why do we spend filet mignon money, and get ground chuck in return. 140 mil on a roster where 40% of the players are too old, washed up, or both. This is NY, not Seattle, Milwaukee, Kansas City, or Pittsburgh. Hey Omar, it's time to wake up and stop trying to sell us garbage as a Major League team.
      4) Fred Wilpon 15%. He gets named here because he had a son whom he named Jeff Wilpon, and put him in charge in some capacity. Jeff has as much sports knowledge as Jim Dolan has with the Knicks, zero. Ponzi scheme my Aunt Fanny. The Mets are as fiscally responsible as a 15 year old with a hundred dollar bill burning a hole in his pocket. I am tired of the excuse machine known as the Wilpon's. Either put a real contender on the field, or sell the traveling sideshow Mets as presently constituted.
      sigpic
      LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Putz to be examined tomorrow. Don't be surprised if they find a major elbow problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseeJerry55 View Post
          I am at a loss with the philosophy of this organization. I will list the following for my argument:
          1) The medical staff of this team is partly to blame. I think that they misdiagnose most of the injuries. Day to day, usually ends up week to week. Percentage of blame is 25%.
          2) Field management also has about 25%. What do Putz, Delgado, Reyes, and Church all have in common. All 4 were allowed to board a plane to the west coast the last 2 seasons after suffering injuries, and allowed to play and worsen the injuries. If a players hurt, he's hurt and don't let him play case closed!!!
          3) Omar Minaya, about 35%. Why do we spend filet mignon money, and get ground chuck in return. 140 mil on a roster where 40% of the players are too old, washed up, or both. This is NY, not Seattle, Milwaukee, Kansas City, or Pittsburgh. Hey Omar, it's time to wake up and stop trying to sell us garbage as a Major League team.
          4) Fred Wilpon 15%. He gets named here because he had a son whom he named Jeff Wilpon, and put him in charge in some capacity. Jeff has as much sports knowledge as Jim Dolan has with the Knicks, zero. Ponzi scheme my Aunt Fanny. The Mets are as fiscally responsible as a 15 year old with a hundred dollar bill burning a hole in his pocket. I am tired of the excuse machine known as the Wilpon's. Either put a real contender on the field, or sell the traveling sideshow Mets as presently constituted.
          the opening day roster had 2 players over 35....and one was suppose to be a backup who has now been a savior to this team.
          "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

The only thing I agree with is that it seems they just HOPE things will get better, it was obvious Reyes was hurt bad. It takes alot to keep that kid out of a game.

Comment

I do recall the Brewers beating the Mets for the wild card last year
              1901 1957 1958 1981 1982 2008

19 4 34 44 42

Comment

It's unfair to blame Minaya for this. No one expects their 1B, SS, RF, CF, back up SS/2B, and set up man to be out all at the same time. If that happened to any team, they would struggle. The only team that might be able to get by would be the Rays or Rangers b/c of their deep farm systems.

Originally posted by brewers08 View Post
                They're not a big market team though. That was his point.
                "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                  It's unfair to blame Minaya for this. No one expects their 1B, SS, RF, CF, back up SS/2B, and set up man to be out all at the same time. If that happened to any team, they would struggle. The only team that might be able to get by would be the Rays or Rangers b/c of their deep farm systems.

agreed, Omar Minaya upgraded exactly what our biggest issue was last year. The Bullpen. Sure other upgrades are needed. But it was also Minaya who signed Sheff and that has panned out far greater than any of us could have imagined thus far. With all the injuries, we have still been competing and winning..until this awful Pitt trip, but look at the depleted lineup...

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
                    really? a "few" days?
                    That's how it was being reported on mets.com last night. Not my thoughts, just passing along the word.
                    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                      This is NY, not Seattle, Milwaukee, Kansas City, or Pittsburgh. Hey Omar, it's time to wake up and stop trying to sell us garbage as a Major League team.

Milwaukee = playoff team = not garbage

plus, they went out and got Sabathia, who was instrumental in the team making the playoffs.
                      Last edited by EasilyFound; 06-05-2009, 06:36 AM.

Comment

What suggestions do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by brewers08 View Post
                          My point was that Milwaukee has some very good players but is small market compared to NY, LA, Chi, Bos, or Philly. Nothing against Milwaukee as a team, or city
                          sigpic
                          LETS GO METS !!!

Comment

Which is it? Are they misdiagnosed by the doctors or correctly diagnosed and then management goes out and messes everything up. Furthermore, is an injury that initially seems minor and turns out to be somehting more an event that is unprecedented in the annals of sport until the current incarantion of the Mets came to pass. Has this ever happened with any other teams or life in general or is it isolated to the Mets and their MDs? If so you would do mankind a boon by unilaterally seeking to have their licenses revoked becuase who knows what sort of harm they are doing to their other patients.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                              What suggestions do you have?
                              If your comment was directed to me, I don't have a suggestion. I was just trying to point out that by obtaining Sabathia the Brewers could hardly be criticized for putting out "garbage" and calling it a major league team.

I had some suggestions about what to do in the off season. Those included signing Orlando Hudson and Raul Ibaniez (sp?).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X