Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What To Do...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What To Do...

    Well, the Mets look like they're in trouble...

    DL: Jose Reyes, J.J. Putz, Carlos Delgado, and Oliver Perez

    Injury-Prone: Ryan Church

    Underperforming: Tim Redding, Daniel Murphy, and Sean Green


    So, what do you think the Mets should do?
    ~MOE

    Moonlight Graham
    ...one game, no at-bats...


    RisingApple.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by moebarguy View Post
    Well, the Mets look like they're in trouble...

    DL: Jose Reyes, J.J. Putz, Carlos Delgado, and Oliver Perez

    Injury-Prone: Ryan Church

    Underperforming: Tim Redding, Daniel Murphy, and Sean Green


    So, what do you think the Mets should do?
    Nothing because they have nothing of any real value to trade to get value in return. And, teams aren't going to trade their best players for players that aren't very good. At this point, the Mets will have to make the best of the season with what they have, hope to draft well later this month, and go after quality free agents in the off-season. Not the most popular solution but probably the only one at this point.

    Comment


    • #3
      you know, I know it doesnt look that good right now. But this board just seems to be full of doom and gloom. I take losses extremely hard I do. But I also have realized its important to enjoy what you can from the seasons. Last seasons last game was crushing. However what i will remember more than anything from last year is going to the games at Shea, having fun with my brother and his kids. Watching some great games on TV, etc. You have to take the good with the bad, and right now, alot of other teams would like to be in our spot...

      Comment


      • #4
        Like I keep saying... it could be worse, we could be in dead last.
        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

        Comment


        • #5
          My opinion is that baseball is entertainment, and no one should be dependent upon something beyond their control to affect their mood. Quite frankly, if someone cannot enjoy the game - even when their team loses - I think people are doing a disservice to themselves. If I have the game on and find myself getting aggravated, I go do something else that I enjoy for a couple of innings.

          Comment


          • #6
            what do you think the Mets should do?
            The team needs a lot. This lineup is horrendous right now. But I think I'd start with a first baseman. Then the two corner outfield spots, preferably players with speed given the amount of ground that needs to be covered at Citi Field. I'd really love to see Martinez playing everyday, but I don't know if he is ready. I don't really see Murphy fitting on this team, even if he can hit. He has no place to play in the field. Just my two cents.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
              I don't really see Murphy fitting on this team, even if he can hit. He has no place to play in the field.
              If he continues, he'll cost the Mets more games with his poor defense, and other blunders.

              It won't surprise me at all if he finishes the year hitting .234.

              Murphy belongs in the minors.
              Let's Go Mets!
              New York Mets fan since 1962

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Let's Go Mets! View Post
                If he continues, he'll cost the Mets more games with his poor defense, and other blunders.

                It won't surprise me at all if he finishes the year hitting .234.

                Murphy belongs in the minors.
                • If he hits .234 it would be because he isn't playing regularly. Murphy has been jerked around a bit this season. He has solid hitting skills.
                • I haven't been able to watch 9 innings per game recently, but he looks adept at 1B so far.
                • One thing to keep in mind is that he played a total of 4 games in the OF and 13 games at 1B in the minors. He's learning these positions in the Majors and in the glare of the NY spotlight. That's rough. I wish the media and fans would cut him some slack.
                • You sound like someone with limited patience.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by moebarguy View Post
                  Well, the Mets look like they're in trouble...

                  DL: Jose Reyes, J.J. Putz, Carlos Delgado, and Oliver Perez

                  Injury-Prone: Ryan Church

                  Underperforming: Tim Redding, Daniel Murphy, and Sean Green

                  So, what do you think the Mets should do?
                  For now...
                  • Put Murphy at 1B permanently, 5 of 6 games/week. Let's see what he's got.
                  • Trade for Omar Vizquel at SS.
                  • Put Martinez in LF, permanently, 5 of 6 games/week. Let's see what he's got.
                  • Platoon Church (when healthy) and Sheffield in right.
                  • Tatis can fill in for Martinez or Murphy on occasion against a really tough lefty.
                  • Hang tough.
                  • When the trade deadline approaches, re-evaluate on-field performances and make whatever deals are necessary and available.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ReyesOfHope View Post
                    [LIST][*]You sound like someone with limited patience.
                    You're right about that.

                    Seriously, sometimes my patience level is as bad as Murphy's play in the outfield. However, I'm working on it...and Murphy should too....in the minor leagues.

                    It won't surprise me if two or three years from now he's really good, but for now, he's too green.
                    Let's Go Mets!
                    New York Mets fan since 1962

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ReyesOfHope View Post
                      My opinion is that baseball is entertainment, and no one should be dependent upon something beyond their control to affect their mood. Quite frankly, if someone cannot enjoy the game - even when their team loses - I think people are doing a disservice to themselves. If I have the game on and find myself getting aggravated, I go do something else that I enjoy for a couple of innings.
                      Yes, of course, of course. But you also can't ignore the obvious -- and something that was obvious in the pre-season. We had issues to address that were not addressed, and now we're paying the consequences.
                      ~MOE

                      Moonlight Graham
                      ...one game, no at-bats...


                      RisingApple.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They gotta work on the farm system or it's gonna be the same thing year after year. They've produced like 2 stars (stars who stayed and produced for the team) in the last 20 years. Wright and Reyes.

                        Maybe there's been more than that, but I can't of anyone else off the top of my head. You know there's something fundamentally wrong with the org when things don't change. Every year it's go out to the FA market and sign someone. Meanwhile, the team is top thin and there's nothing in the farm system.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Joltin Joe Giradio View Post
                          They gotta work on the farm system or it's gonna be the same thing year after year. They've produced like 2 stars (stars who stayed and produced for the team) in the last 20 years. Wright and Reyes.

                          Maybe there's been more than that, but I can't of anyone else off the top of my head. You know there's something fundamentally wrong with the org when things don't change. Every year it's go out to the FA market and sign someone. Meanwhile, the team is top thin and there's nothing in the farm system.
                          Very well said Joltin Joe. I couldn't agree with you more. On paper, this Mets' team looks very good as long as no one got hurt. The problem is that every team has injuries and the Mets don't have the depth to take on the injuries that they've had. I, for one, would like to see a revamping of the scouting department and begin to have some good drafts. Forget about signing Type A free agents that cost the Mets 1st round picks every year. Where are the Mets drafting their first choice this year?? 72nd overall??? Obviously teams can find future MLB players anywhere in the Draft (see Pujols in the 6th round and Piazza in the 62nd round). But those are exceptions and not the norm. I would be okay with having a few years where the Mets finished 3rd in the division, knowing that the farm system is being stocked with future MLB talent that will turn them into a championship team (see 1969 & 1986 Mets, both loaded with talent developed in the farm system).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They've produced like 2 stars
                            isn't it like: "They've like produced 2 stars."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The Mets have produced a few solid MLBers over the past few years. Unfortunately non of them are on the Mets. Think Heath Bell, etc.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X