What To Do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
    I can't disagree (which I would have back in April when this first came up), but a lot of guys have an eh first season, so why not get it out of the way so to speak.
    I hope that's the case, although his minor league stats before last season weren't particularly impressive.
    ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
    ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
      I guess you're correct. As usual.
      hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy View Post
        I hope that's the case, although his minor league stats before last season weren't particularly impressive.
        I was fairly impressed. He was solid in his first full season at St. Lucie and in 2/3 of a season at Binghamton. And don't forget, the FSL is largely a pitchers league.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=murphy011dan

More importantly Murphy hangs in there as well as anyone for a player his age/experience. I am still very impressed by his approach at the plate. I remain encouraged by his BB/K (2.5/3) and K/AB (1/8) ratios. Also, his OBP - while low - is 66 points above his Batting Average.

His problem right now is that is BAbip is low, .264. Overall this means Murphy is making contact, but that the contact is not that good. If he becomes better at pitch recognition- or whatever else he needs to do, it may improve significantly. Murphy has a short clean stroke. I still like his chances, especially as a #2,3 (in the mold of Keith Hernandez) or #7 hitter, He'll need to hit .310+ to make up for a lack of power.

He's been looking better with the glove too. Prior to this season he'd only played only 13 games at 1B.
        Last edited by ReyesOfHope; 07-14-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X