Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yallof/Mazzilli vs. Ogeeduh/Carlin

It's like day vs. night.

And that's right, I'm now pronouncing Bobby's name "o-GEE-duh" for as long as he mispronounces Beltrán as "BELL-trann." For a guy who is part Latino, he oughtta know how to pronounce the names of the Latino players. Not to mention, I think he is no match for commentary as was Maz. I could even swear I actually heard him today refer to Cora as Joey Cora.

And Carlin... well, I think he's just a boisterous "Loudmouth" with essentially nothing to offer, while Yallof was a pleasurable analyst to listen to.

The only times I feel slightly better are on those rare occasions when the calm, eloquent, articulate, and knowledgeable Strawberry shows up.

Is it just me?
    Put it in the books.

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    It's like day vs. night.

And that's right, I'm now pronouncing Bobby's name "o-GEE-duh" for as long as he mispronounces Beltrán as "BELL-trann." For a guy who is part Latino, he oughtta know how to pronounce the names of the Latino players. Not to mention, I think he is no match for commentary as was Maz. I could even swear I actually heard him today refer to Cora as Joey Cora.

And Carlin... well, I think he's just a boisterous "Loudmouth" with essentially nothing to offer, while Yallof was a pleasurable analyst to listen to.

The only times I feel slightly better are on those rare occasions when the calm, eloquent, articulate, and knowledgeable Strawberry shows up.

Is it just me?
    Agree. Mazz was better than Ojeda. Likewise, Yallof over the boisterous Chris Carlin.

Strawberry? For some reason, he's the one I'd rather listen to. Darryl just might be the best of the bunch, which still isn't saying much. Actually, the whole mediocre crew makes me think of Julie Alexandria, because her-- I could watch!

All of them, however, take a back seat to Bob Lorenz and the Yankees post game.

Too bad the Mets were not fortunate enough to have Lorenz as the anchor, because he would have been ideal.
    ....along with Nancy Newman of course! :blush:
    Last edited by Let's Go Mets!; 07-11-2009, 10:39 PM.
    Let's Go Mets!
    New York Mets fan since 1962

Comment

LOL, all of the commentators on FSNY post-game are pretty much not listenable.

Comment

I like Ojeda, but he's like a robot in front of the camera. Bring back Mazz.
        Last edited by MetsFan11368; 06-30-2009, 06:48 PM.
        "Heroes are people who are all good with no bad in them. That's the way I always saw Joe DiMaggio. He was beyond question one of the greatest players of the century."

~Mickey Mantle

Comment

Maz was a traitor from the day he decided to tell the umps how to do their jobs in one of those early faux subway series (the only real Subway Series is a World Series). He was awful. Yallof used to bore me to tears. Chris Carlin isn't terrific, but Bobby O always keeps me entertained with that thing on his head.

To sum it up, I think it's a wash. Either choice is better than anything Al Yankzeera has on the air.

Comment

They should clone Darling and put one of him in the post-game show. Carlin is fat, male version of Cindy Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
              as long as he mispronounces Beltrán as "BELL-trann."
              I can think of only one announcer outside of Spanish broadcasts who puts the accent in the right place on Beltrán: Jon Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball View Post
                I can think of only one announcer outside of Spanish broadcasts who puts the accent in the right place on Beltrán: Jon Miller.
                Yes, but he "overemphasizes" the accent to the point where it becomes comical.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
                  Yes, but he "overemphasizes" the accent to the point where it becomes comical.
                  It never really struck me that way. I think his accent is actually rather good.

Comment

Miller puts accents where they aren't necessary. He'd pronounce Rudy Seanez as Rudy Seañez.
                    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball View Post
                      It never really struck me that way. I think his accent is actually rather good.
                      Agreed. Miller does a good job.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X