1962 Mets Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Mets Cap

What im looking for is an original NY Mets cap from 1962-63.There still must be some that have survived in the last 46 years. I am not looking to buy any current retro stuff. My favorite cap insignia was the thinner less bloated orange NY that appeared early on. (see Casey below) You guys have any ideas?
    Attached Files

Have the Mets caps always had an orange button? I have one of the caps that are very popular, the thinner NY with a blue button. Twins franchise, cotton. Just wondering whether the blue button is accurate for any time period.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
      Have the Mets caps always had an orange button? I have one of the caps that are very popular, the thinner NY with a blue button. Twins franchise, cotton. Just wondering whether the blue button is accurate for any time period.
      Well, looking at the SI photo, I'm guessing that the original '62 cap had a blue button.

To the OP, towne63, my best suggestion is to keep your eyes peeled on eBay. Set up a search, and keep the search active for as long as possible (I believe the max is a year) until you find what you're seeking. Good luck. :cap:

If you desire, I can do a little behind-the-scenes researching for you. I know someone who may have an authentic original.
      Put it in the books.

Comment

Thanks Milla, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated

Comment

An original will probably be expensive and difficult to find.

If you want, you can get a reproduction of a 1964 Met hat (I believe it's the same as the 1962 version) from this site:

www.ballcap.com

I've not used it myself but I have heard great things about it.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

From that site, it looks like the old caps, early sixties, had blue buttons.

Comment

The orange button came about in 1997. Any authentic Mets hat with a blue button on top is pre-1997. If it has the Mlb logo on back with a blue button it is 1993-1996. No Mlb logo with a blue button is from 1962-1992.
              unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
              unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
              unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X