Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citi Field's effect on HRs

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...ory?id=4284640

Interesting article. Only 2 HRs at Citi Field would have been outs at Shea.

Even more interesting is that of the 36 balls that would have been HRs in Shea, only 8 have been outs (9 if you count the ball Beltran gaffed on). 75% of those would-be-Shea-HRs are still falling for XBH.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Good article, but one section didn't make sense to me:

"The other thing they show is that the Mets have actually adapted their game, both at home and on the road, to account for the difference in ballpark factors, evident in the second chart related to Park Factors. They're taking advantage of the gaps more, driving the ball for doubles and triples . . . ."

Maybe I'm reading those charts wrong, but it seems like park-factors chart showed less doubles at Citi as compared to the last five years at Shea and more HRs. So I'm confused by that.

Otherwise, excellent article.

Shows one thing: Mets will need speed, speed, and more speed in the outfield in the years to come. Another reason why Murphy can't the in the OF.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
      Maybe I'm reading those charts wrong, but it seems like park-factors chart showed less doubles at Citi as compared to the last five years at Shea and more HRs. So I'm confused by that.
      I'm not sure if doing this is correct, but if you add the numbers for doubles and triples, Citi Field has allowed more (2.345) than Shea (1.659). So I think that's how he got to that conclusion. I think 37 games vs 405 also skews the numbers a bit.
      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
        Shows one thing: Mets will need speed, speed, and more speed in the outfield in the years to come.
        I'm just guessing, but the Wilpons stated it is easier to bring the fences in than to move them out. It would not surprise me if they make some changes this winter.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X