Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets traded Church to Braves for Francoeur

The Mets just now announced that they traded Ryan Church to the Braves
    for Jeff Francoeur.I like the trade as Francoeur as a right handed bat gives
    the lineup a better balance.Plus,Francoeur has a gun of an arm,he's a better
    all around player,and I hear he touches third base every time he heads home.
    (Only kidding!)(I just couldn't resist!)Thanks for reading.Sincerely,Joe Rigatoni.
    "You don't give up any runs,we'll guarantee you
    at least a tie." ~ Grote to Koosman

I defended Omar Minaya a lot. But this is perhaps the dumbest move he's ever made. Francoeur was a DFA/non-tender candidate. And he gives up a productive RF? Francoeur has been one of the worst position players in the game the past 2 years.

This move only makes the lineup worse. Francoeur can't hit and couldn't draw a walk if his life depended on it.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Was just about to post this myself. You beat me to the gun. I like the trade, Frenchy has abundant talent but needs a change of scenery. Church has never fit in under Manuel for whatever reason. It's the classic trade a headache for a headache. In this case based on talent alone I think we made out, but only time will tell.
      unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
      unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
      unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
        Was just about to post this myself. You beat me to the gun. I like the trade, Frenchy has abundant talent but needs a change of scenery. Church has never fit in under Manuel for whatever reason. It's the classic trade a headache for a headache. In this case based on talent alone I think we made out, but only time will tell.
        I'm not sure what games you guys are watching, but Francoeur has struggled to stay in the major leagues. He doesn't have any plate discipline, he never will and he isn't Vlad, so he can't make contact anywhere he wants, major league pitchers know this and the smart ones exploit it. Church while unspectacular has been a productive baseball player whenever he is healthy and in the lineup.

This just doesn't make sense.
        "Nobody ever won a World Series drinking milk"
        -Doug Sisk, RP 1986 Mets

Comment

I don't think any Braves fans will be crying over the loss of Francoeur, he does have more upside then Church but we all saw how far away from that potential he is and he also has far to much confidence for doing nothing. Also don't believe the hype of him being a good defender, he only won that Gold Glove because of his arm and nothing else.

Francoeur has great upside the problem is his swing is so out of whack that guys like Chipper Jones and Rudy Jaramillo can't even help him, he may have the physical tools but whats between the ears is not up to par. I say good luck to him and good luck to the Mets trying to fix him.
          Extend Prado!!!

Comment

DFA/non-tender candidate
            please translate

Comment

Looks like fans of both teams hate this trade.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
                please translate
                Francoeur was either going to be designated for assignment (DFA) or non-tendered (in the off-season)
                "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

I don't think Francouer is a good fit for the Mets. I would not have done it if I'm the Mets. For the Braves on the other hand, this is a great move for them.

Comment

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. He'll play every day (as long as Jerry lets him). Church wanted out since last year. Maybe Omar could have gotten more for Church, but then again maybe not. Strange the Braves and Mets did a deal together at all.

Comment

Originally posted by StillShea View Post
                      Strange the Braves and Mets did a deal together at all.
                      That's ONE of the reasons why this trade still bewilders me. I sit and wonder: Honestly Omar, what were you thinking? :silent:
                      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by StillShea View Post
                        6 of one, half a dozen of the other. He'll play every day (as long as Jerry lets him). Church wanted out since last year. Maybe Omar could have gotten more for Church, but then again maybe not. Strange the Braves and Mets did a deal together at all.
                        Very true. Your division rival? I can't say I want Frenchy to do well, because I'd be rooting for the Mets (and the Braves downfall).

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/k...gletary-49ers-
                        Last edited by Atlanta Braves Freak; 07-10-2009, 05:46 PM.
                        2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

I don't think it's THAT bad a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Rigatoni View Post
                            The Mets just now announced that they traded Ryan Church to the Braves
                            for Jeff Francoeur.I like the trade as Francoeur as a right handed bat gives
                            the lineup a better balance.Plus,Francoeur has a gun of an arm,he's a better
                            all around player,and I hear he touches third base every time he heads home.
                            (Only kidding!)(I just couldn't resist!)Thanks for reading.Sincerely,Joe Rigatoni.
                            Better all around player? Francoeur is one of the worst offensive players in baseball. He's a corner outfielder with a lower OPS than Luis Castillo for Gods sakes. Church should have been playing every day but now thanks to Jerry Manuel he's a Brave. Go check out some Braves forums and see how their fans are reacting. They LOVE this trade and are thrilled to be rid of Francoeur.
                            Last edited by tomzpc; 07-10-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

First thing we need to do is give Francoeur a new nickname. I refuse to call a player on my team 'Frenchy'

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X