Brian Schneider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Schneider

I think Brian Schneider may very well be one of the most underrated defensive catchers in the Majors. Gold Glove caliber, imho.

Just figured I'd start a thread for him.
    Put it in the books.

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    I think Brian Schneider may very well be one of the most underrated defensive catchers in the Majors. Gold Glove caliber, imho.

I still wish we had Jerry Grote... or even John Stearns.

Seriously though Schneider is above average behind the plate. He seems better because we haven't had a great defensive catcher in a while.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

I always enjoyed watching him when we was the backstop for the Nats and I still enjoy watching him as our backstop. What he lacks in offense, he makes up in defense.
      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Sad but true that a Schneider's defense regularly shows up on the video highlights on the Mets website.

Comment

I disagree. I think that his defense was overrated and that he hasn't been nearly as good as advertised.

Jerry Grote....now THERE was a great backstop.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X