Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mets reject Halladay trade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Halladay is NOT a future Hall of Famer.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

    "If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

    "At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
      Obviously he's not going to admit he was wrong. Keith Law said it was false and he used to work in the Jays organization. He also said the Jays would have wanted Jenrry Mejia in the deal since he's considered one of the best pitching prospects in our system. Riccardi himself denied it. Joel Sherman said it was false.
      Case closed. The final word has been spoken. Mods please lock this thread.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
        Halladay is NOT a future Hall of Famer.
        Maybe not, but he sure as hell is pitching like one now!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
          Case closed. The final word has been spoken. Mods please lock this thread.
          I guess I should believe 1 reporter who is known for making up rumors just because it makes my team look bad for passing up on the trade.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

          "If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

          "At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by majorleads View Post
            If true, we just turned down future hall of famer Roy Halladay for a bag of balls. But hey, we've got Ollie Perez to look forward to for the next 2 1/2 years. yay!
            Martinez, Niese, Parnell and Tejada is HARDLY a "bag of balls". I would expect that it might take more to get a Halladay but that isn't a horrible package by any means.
            Last edited by tomzpc; 07-22-2009, 07:37 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
              Martinez, Niese, Parnell and Tejada is HARDLY a "bag of balls". I would expect that it might take more to get a Halladay but that isn't a horrible package by any means.
              No it's not but the Jays are being unrealistic in their demands and think they will get a CC type deal. That ain't gonna happen.
              unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
              unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
              unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
                Martinez, Niese, Parnell and Tejada is HARDLY a "bag of balls". I would expect that it might take more to get a Halladay but that isn't a horrible package by any means.
                Weren't you saying the same thing when we unloaded a bunch of crap onto the Twins for Johan?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                  Halladay is NOT a future Hall of Famer.
                  why not?

                  he has 141 wins now with possibly 8 more years left in him...

                  he could finish his career easily with 225 wins, that isnt HoF worthy? or is it because he has played in Canada, so you dont know enough about him so naturally assume he isnt good?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Woodman19 View Post
                    why not?

                    he has 141 wins now with possibly 8 more years left in him...

                    he could finish his career easily with 225 wins, that isnt HoF worthy? or is it because he has played in Canada, so you dont know enough about him so naturally assume he isnt good?
                    You're new around here aren't you?

                    BTW FWIW I agree with you.
                    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
                      You're new around here aren't you?

                      BTW FWIW I agree with you.
                      yea I am

                      why what is the general bias about?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Obviously this is not going to happen, so case closed.
                        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X