V-Mart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Mart?

The NY Post is pushing for the Mets to make a move on Victor Martinez. Depending on the price I would applaud this move. Catcher has been a black hole since Piazza retired, apologies to Pauly from Brooklyn. V-Mart is a top 5 catcher in the game. Yes I know he was hurt 2 years ago but prior to that he was steady. I say why not go for him?

Thoughts?
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Martinez would be quite an asset to any team, but what are you willing to give up?? The Indians didn't exactly rob the Phillies in trading for Lee, so maybe you can offer them something decent and get away with it.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

The more I think about it, the more this potential trade intrigues me. Not only would V-Mart have a positive impact on the lineup, but also give us greater flexibility due to the fact he also plays 1B. It would give us another option if we decide to let Delgado walk after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
        Martinez would be quite an asset to any team, but what are you willing to give up?? The Indians didn't exactly rob the Phillies in trading for Lee, so maybe you can offer them something decent and get away with it.
        No they didn't, but they also didn't give up Drabek, Happ, Taylor or Brown. Which means that V-Mart could be had for several mid-level prospects rather than our jewels. We can only hope. :crossfingers:

Comment

Maybe Josh Thole and Ollie Perez for V-Mart?
          Last edited by NJMetfan4life; 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM. Reason: Better Deal

Comment

Why would the Indians want Perez?
            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
              Why would the Indians want Perez?
              Another Lefty to replace Cliff Lee. Also, with the firesale the Pirates are having now, the Mets should swoop in and try to get Ryan Doumit.
              Last edited by NJMetfan4life; 07-30-2009, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                Maybe Josh Thole and Ollie Perez for V-Mart?
                You're kidding right? Ollie sucks and on top of that he is making more than Cliff Lee in 2010. The Mets would GIVE Ollie away right now if someone would take that that contract.

For V-Mart I imagine you'd have to give something like Niese, Parnell, F-Mart and Tejada at a minimum and likely more. I'm not as big on Martinez as some others are.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
                  You're kidding right? Ollie sucks and on top of that he is making more than Cliff Lee in 2010. The Mets would GIVE Ollie away right now if someone would take that that contract.

For V-Mart I imagine you'd have to give something like Niese, Parnell, F-Mart and Tejada at a minimum and likely more. I'm not as big on Martinez as some others are.
                  lol, I can't say I disagree with any of this post.
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X