The Phillies and Cliff Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phillies and Cliff Lee

I have to wonder if the Mets even spoke to the Indians about Lee. At the least maybe we could have gotten the Phils to give up more and who knows, maybe the Mets could have even snagged him. The prospects are decent but they didn't include any of their current top 4 and they get a Cy Young "top ten" lefthanded starter who is making less than Oliver Perez in 2010. The Phillies return all of their regulars who matter next year and now have Cliff Lee to go with Hamels at the top of the rotation, plus they still have a few studs in the farm system. All of those years playing second fiddle to the Braves but this is even worse. This is Philadelphia. We're screwed. :ooo: :hissyfit:

Don't despair the Phillies have 2 WS titles in 125 + years of existence. They have fulfilled their quota till 2050.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
      Don't despair the Phillies have 2 WS titles in 125 + years of existence. They have fulfilled their quota till 2050.

Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Personally, I hope the Phils run away with the NL east, pounding Florida and Atlanta every game,.... but lose to the Mets.

I want the Dodgers to beat Colorado and the Giants, and win 100 games.

I want someone in the central, even if that means the Cubs, to roll over every other team in the central.

And the Mets win 2 of every 3 (they don't even need those 10-11 win streaks, even though we could use one) and end up with 90 wins and in the playoffs as a wild card.

Only six behind in the W/C chase and they get a shot at the Giants at CF next month.:gt

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
          Personally, I hope the Phils run away with the NL east, pounding Florida and Atlanta every game,.... but lose to the Mets.

I want the Dodgers to beat Colorado and the Giants, and win 100 games.

I want someone in the central, even if that means the Cubs, to roll over every other team in the central.

And the Mets win 2 of every 3 (they don't even need those 10-11 win streaks, even though we could use one) and end up with 90 wins and in the playoffs as a wild card.

Only six behind in the W/C chase and they get a shot at the Giants at CF next month.:gt
          Yeah, that'll happen.

Comment

Last I checked, though, the Phillies are the reigning WORLD CHAMPIONS and the Mess haven't won in 23 years. The Phillies have won twice in 28 years, so unless you're as old as the hills, it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post

You're laughing on the outside, but CRYING on the inside!

Comment

Originally posted by Buntforahit View Post
                Last I checked, though, the Phillies are the reigning WORLD CHAMPIONS and the Mess haven't won in 23 years. The Phillies have won twice in 28 years, so unless you're as old as the hills, it really doesn't matter.
                Did you guys here a squeek from down the TPKE?

Ok I'll give you that, twice in 28 years, not too shabby but nothing the first hundred years and may I add, most losses EVER, in ANY sport. But whose counting?
                unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Just to play the Devil's Advocate, we got a better pitcher, Johan Santana, and we didn't win the World Series or make the playoffs. Just because the have 1 ace pitcher, doesnt make them invincible.

Comment

Did you guys here a squeek from down the TPKE?

Ok I'll give you that, twice in 28 years, not too shabby but nothing the first hundred years and may I add, most losses EVER, in ANY sport. But whose counting?
                    I'm not old enough for that to be relative to me. Tell me, who are the reigning WORLD CHAMPIONS? And the best part is we blew right past the MESS in '07 and '08 when the division was theirs for the taking. LOL! I'm a big Yadier Molina fan, btw. HAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                      Just to play the Devil's Advocate, we got a better pitcher, Johan Santana, and we didn't win the World Series or make the playoffs. Just because the have 1 ace pitcher, doesnt make them invincible.
                      Chances are we won't repeat, but as of now we are the reigning WORLD CHAMPIONS who have a very good shot at getting another one in the next few years. The Mess are just that, a "mess." LOL! Get back to me when youse can compete with a real organization - the Yankees.

Comment

Chances are we won't repeat, but as of now we are the reigning WORLD CHAMPIONS who have a very good shot at getting another one in the next few years. The Mess are just that, a "mess." LOL! Get back to me when youse can compete with a real organization - the Yankees.
                        How about you don't go into a rival teams forum and start provoking posters to do something. Also, I don't even know what to say about you bringing up the Yankees. They're in a seperate division and league, I can't even think of a reason why you brought them up. That's like me telling the Phillies to compete with the Clevland Indians.

EDIT: Also Buntforahit, I thought you might like to know of a tool called the "multi-quote" it's right next to the regular quote button, it saves time and space on this website.
                        Last edited by NJMetfan4life; 07-30-2009, 02:35 PM.

Comment

How about you don't go into a rival teams forum and start provoking posters to do something. Also, I don't even know what to say about you bringing up the Yankees. They're in a seperate division and league, I can't even think of a reason why you brought them up. That's like me telling the Phillies to compete with the Clevland Indians.

EDIT: Also Buntforahit, I thought you might like to know of a tool called the "multi-quote" it's right next to the regular quote button, it saves time and space on this website.
                          "theAmazingMet" is the one who started ripping the Phillies and I'm here to defend my team. Does that offend you?
                          Last edited by Buntforahit; 07-30-2009, 03:03 PM.

Comment

"theAmazingMet" is the one who started ripping the Phillies and I'm here to defend my team. Does that offend you?
                            To me what "theAmazingMet" looks like a joke. I wouldn't say I'm offended, but confused as to why you would jump in and "defend your team". I looked on the Phillies Forum before and saw a couple things said about the Mets but held my tounge.

Comment

To me what "theAmazingMet" looks like a joke. I wouldn't say I'm offended, but confused as to why you would jump in and "defend your team". I looked on the Phillies Forum before and saw a couple things said about the Mets but held my tounge.
                              Don't hold your tongue. It's all fun to me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X