Daay/Night DH Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daay/Night DH Question

Are Day/Night DH inconvenient for full season ticket holders? What do you do in between games? Leave and come back? Something else. Just curious.
    Last edited by EasilyFound; 08-01-2009, 09:22 AM.

You just go to the local... oh.... yeah... right.

What really bugs me -- and one of my biggest peaves with management -- is that if you're a season ticket holder and you can't go to the makeup game, they won't refund you for that game. This is a new rule and it is definitely not good business practice.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
      What really bugs me -- and one of my biggest peaves with management -- is that if you're a season ticket holder and you can't go to the makeup game, they won't refund you for that game. This is a new rule and it is definitely not good business practice.
      Do they otherwise give you a refund for "normal" games that you don't attend?
      X
      What's THAT guy doing?
      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
        Gary
        On WFAN yesterday, there was a STH who said that they used to at least get a 'credit' on their account when a game like last nite's was rescheduled.
        Every fan who had a ticket for Wednesday night had a choice to go Thursday night or an exchange for other similar tickets; according to the caller the STH does not get tickets to another game and he has to eat the tickets since he could not go Thursday night. I don't know if the caller was right, but he did seem legit. He went on to list every perk he used to have as a STH and how each of them were reduced/eliminated over theyears (i.e buying extra OD tickets, etc). Maybe I should ask this over in the CF ticketing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
          Are Day/Night DH inconvenient for full season ticket holders? What do you do in between games? Leave and come back? Something else. Just curious.
          You can go shopping for car parts.
          "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
            You can go shopping for car parts.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              Gary
              On WFAN yesterday, there was a STH who said that they used to at least get a 'credit' on their account when a game like last nite's was rescheduled.
              Every fan who had a ticket for Wednesday night had a choice to go Thursday night or an exchange for other similar tickets; according to the caller the STH does not get tickets to another game and he has to eat the tickets since he could not go Thursday night. I don't know if the caller was right, but he did seem legit. He went on to list every perk he used to have as a STH and how each of them were reduced/eliminated over theyears (i.e buying extra OD tickets, etc). Maybe I should ask this over in the CF ticketing forum.
              I've actually mentioned this poor practice to Jeff once or twice in the past year, but I've never really gotten a direct response as to whether it'll continue in future years or not. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's brought it up. We can only see what happens.
              Put it in the books.

Comment

:twocents:
                Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                At least you have time to try to get rid of the tickets, if you know you cannot attend.

I had tix for the Weds night game. I had to work thurs, left about 15 min early from work (6:45) and raced to the train, got there in the 2nd inning (met my family there, so my kid could go on the field with the kids club). My friend missed the game, b/c she couldn't get out of work, but got a last minute replacement.

And :twocents: : Not thrilled when they change the pitching line up. I got to see Nieses lose, instead of Santana win
                In LOVE with a Yankees fan :silent:

Comment

Refund policy or lack of

When I was at Sunday's game and there was a rain delay the chance of a
                  rainout was very possible at that time.So I then found out according to a
                  Mets representative that starting this year there are no monetary refunds
                  for games that are rained out.You can exchange your tickets from a rainout
                  game for tickets to another game depending on availability and that's your
                  only option other than eating the rainout tickets.If you can't exchange your
                  rainout tickets for tickets to another game this year the Mets do give you
                  all of next year to exchange them.But not giving a monetary refund as an
                  option is bogus in my opinion.Just on principle,suppose you want to go to a
                  specific game and not another game and that specific game you want to go
                  to was not provided for you for whatever reason.I feel it is unfair that you
                  are forced to pick another game you don't want to see rather than be given
                  the option of a monetary refund since the game you wanted to go to wasn't
                  provided.It turns out that Sunday's game was eventually played after a 2 1/2
                  hour rain delay.And at this stage of the season for me personally if I have
                  tickets to a rainout game and I can't exchange them for a game this year
                  then I can deal with exchanging them for a game next year.I just feel that
                  giving a monetary refund as an option should be given just on principle.
                  But this is the business of baseball when opening a new stadium especially
                  in New York in 2009.But it doesn't mean that any of us have to like it.

Grote said to Koosman:"You don't give up any runs,we'll guarantee you at
                  least a tie."(lol)
                  "You don't give up any runs,we'll guarantee you
                  at least a tie." ~ Grote to Koosman

Comment

I understand what you're saying about wanting to go on a specific date; that's a valid point. The whole idea of "no refunds, store credit only," which is essentially what the Mets' policy is, is not customer friendly.

What about someone who's making a special trip from a long ways away? Yes, even Philadelphia.

What happens to the person who specifically bought a ticket for a Sunday afternoon game because it was a Sunday afternoon game, only to find that it's been changed to a Sunday night game for the benefit of ESPN?

And as far as rain delays are concerned - is it "reasonable" to expect people to wait 2½ hours? Okay, a rain delay may be considered an "act of God," but still...

Going to a professional sports game is supposed to be entertainment. It's supposed to be a way of letting go of your problems for a few hours. It shouldn't add to them.
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X