Where Is Jose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Is Jose?

Is he done for the season? What is wrong with this guy?

He's down in Florida rehabing a leg injury, he suffered a "setback" when running the bases. He should be back in 2 weeks, if Omar is telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
      Jerry Manuel said he'd be back in 10 days to 2 weeks. Of course that was about a week ago, and he's still not running the bases. Same with Beltran. Why bother putting these guys on the DL if they are not improving? They both should have been shut down and had surgery if that's what is needed. Now they are saying if Beltran's condition worsens he WILL need surgery and will be out 6-8 months. Think about that.

What is it with our medical/training staff?
      unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
      unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
      unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

This link might help everyone out

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/wsfb/news/injuries.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
          Jerry Manuel said he'd be back in 10 days to 2 weeks. Of course that was about a week ago, and he's still not running the bases. Same with Beltran. Why bother putting these guys on the DL if they are not improving? They both should have been shut down and had surgery if that's what is needed. Now they are saying if Beltran's condition worsens he WILL need surgery and will be out 6-8 months. Think about that.

What is it with our medical/training staff?
          Nothing to do with the team doctors. Beltran's surgery would be microfracture by his own choosing. He should be shut down, period IMO. If he opts for microfracture he'll miss all of next year anyway. Shut him down now and let him decide how he feels and what he wants to do come winter time.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
            Nothing to do with the team doctors. Beltran's surgery would be microfracture by his own choosing. He should be shut down, period IMO. If he opts for microfracture he'll miss all of next year anyway. Shut him down now and let him decide how he feels and what he wants to do come winter time.
            A few weeks ago, a caller was blasting Reyes and Steve Somers defended Jose, but took some swipes at Beltran. Last Tues, after the Mets win, we were listening to FAN where a caller complained about Reyes, and Somers again said that Reyes was not tradeable and listed all of his strong points. Then Steve again blasted Beltran, saying Beltran was angry at the Mets organization and Steve said he would not be shocked if we don't ever see him back as a Met. (This was broadcast on 7/28 around 11pm in case there are people who doubt it). I was surprised that Somers seemed so down on Beltran.

Did anyone else hear this? Is this a common theme of his post game wrap?
            I only listen to him on the way home from game.

Comment

So the team now needs a new CF? Nice.

Comment

Maybe he just ate too many "Wise" potato chips.

X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

So the team now needs a new CF? Nice.
                  Nah...we've got Angel Pagan!!

Actually I like Angel. How can you not. But I'm not dumb enough to think that he won't be exposed eventually when playing every day.

Comment

Originally posted by tomzpc View Post
                    I believe his knee injury is still just a bone bruise and the surgery isn't necessary at this point.

The surgery hasn't fared well for guys who have had it from what I've heard.
                    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Latest on Jose:
                      http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/art...=.jsp&c_id=nym
                      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

The rumor mill is swirling on Jose. Some are calling for Jose to be shut down. Realistically I don't think we see him on the field till spring training IMHO.
                        unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                        unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                        unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Don't count on Jose Reyes returning this season. The shortstop flew from Port St. Lucie to New York to be examined Tuesday by team doctors at the Hospital for Special Surgery. Reyes is experiencing continued discomfort with his troublesome right hamstring tendon.

"They're doing tests on him. We'll see what happens," agent Chris Leible said. "It's just pretty much the same situation. He's just not responding and feeling better....He has a good day and he's all excited and then he has a bad day and we're back to square one. It's very frustrating for everyone involved."

Asked if it might just be prudent to shut down Reyes so he doesn't jeopardize next season, Leible said: "I don't know. We'll see what the tests show and see what it looks like. It's been a very frustrating type of injury. The doctors tell me that's the nature of this type of injury."

Read more: Rubin's Article

--

I recall that Reyes had leg problems early in his career.
                          Is this is the same problem? Hamstring?
                          "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

I'll agree with another poster and say the Hamstring injuries are very peculiar and getting ridiculous now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X