4. Los Angeles Dodgers, $247 million
    5. Chicago Cubs $246 million

Bottom Five Revenue Teams
    30. Florida Marlins, $144 million
    29. Pittsburgh Pirates, $145 million
    28. Oakland Athletics, $155 million
    27. Kansas City Royals, $155 million
    26. Tampa Bay Rays, $156 million

These numbers are AFTER revenue sharing. To be honest I actually find it a little shocking that the Mets are still so high on the list in revenue, and then I try to buy tickets to a game and realize I need to save up for a few more months.

I'm not going to say the Mets should be spending more money on players, but I think this kind of gives you an idea of the type of resources the Mets have available...and how they're clearly not spending them wisely enough to improve the team.

But that's all I'm going to say, this post is mostly just FYI, Joe Posnanski goes on to talk about something with regards to the inequity of baseball for the 8 millionth time, but I didn't really read those parts.
    "Nobody ever won a World Series drinking milk"
    -Doug Sisk, RP 1986 Mets

#1 in disappointment? Cubs still win in that department. The Mets were created and have been to 4 World Series and won 2 since the Cubs have been to a World Series.
    "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
      #1 in disappointment? Cubs still win in that department. The Mets were created and have been to 4 World Series and won 2 since the Cubs have been to a World Series.
      Hooray for us.
      "We have a plan; and I like our plan." ...Omar
      "I belive in our minor leagers; and I like our minor leagers." ...Omar

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Beldini View Post
        Hooray for us.
        "Hey that guy didnt give me a Hurumph"

"Give the Mayor a Hurumph"

"Hurumph!"
        unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
        unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
        unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Holy crap the Mets are idiots. By the way did you catch that the gaps from 1 to 2 is over $50,000,000 more than the gap from 2 to 30. Just sayin' is all next time someone brings up the Mets have the same revenues etc. as the Yankees argument.

Comment

Yea you're right, Crap, we can't be #1 in anything.

We're #2! We're #2!
            "Nobody ever won a World Series drinking milk"
            -Doug Sisk, RP 1986 Mets

Comment

100% agree.

I think the difference is that the Cubs fans are so beaten up they dont expect anything. Mets fans are always OVER expecting and become disappointed when reality sets in.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                100% agree.

I think the difference is that the Cubs fans are so beaten up they dont expect anything. Mets fans are always OVER expecting and become disappointed when reality sets in.
                Nah, go to Wrigley, stay sober, and just listen to drunken Cubs fans tell you how great the Cubs are. They are so obnoxious, you would hug the first NYY fan you saw when you got back to NYC.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X