Our Mets Hall of Fame - the 19th (and final, for now) Coaches election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Mets Hall of Fame - the 19th (and final, for now) Coaches election

This is the nineteenth election for Our Mets Hall of Fame, coaches edition. Last time we elected nobody. The rules of this election are like those of the manager and regular election.

New coaches:

None

Dropped coaches:

Bob Apodaca
    Randy Niemann
    Steve Swisher
    Dave Wallace

Code:
    Holdovers:

Coach			Percentage	High %           Years on ballot

Guy Conti		14.29%		33.33%               14
    Howard Johnson		14.29%		42.86%               14
    John Stearns		14.29%		57.14%               14

Last year of eligibility:

Guy Conti
    Howard Johnson
    John Stearns
    Guy Conti
    10.00%
    Howard Johnson
    10.00%
    John Stearns
    10.00%
    None of the above
    70.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Cowtipper; 06-19-2011, 12:45 PM.

I'm still going with "none of the above," for no one remaining on the list, imho, did nor has done anything which merits induction.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

Also going with "None", nobody was there long enough/did anything too special.

Comment

Same as above.

Comment

Either not there long enough (HoJo) or just didn't do much (Conti, Stearns).
          "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
          -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

This time I am going with none of the above as although I gave the benefit of the doubt to these coaches in the past none of them are a no brainer.
            "You don't give up any runs,we'll guarantee you
            at least a tie." ~ Grote to Koosman

Comment

See above for the logic behind my none of the above vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
                Either not there long enough (HoJo) or just didn't do much (Conti, Stearns).
                I'd like to argue that Stearns did more for the organization in a coaching/managing role than some of the others we have elected (Stengel and McMillian spring to mind). Unfortunately, I just don't have a enough proof that he or many of the other coaches actually made an impact. Therefore I vote NTA.

Comment

Too bad Chip Hale hasn't been around long enough. Imho, Chip's one of the best thirdbase coaches the Mets have ever had. I'd been thinking he was good all month, but last night's pinpoint instructions to Pagán reinforced my opinion. If he sticks around and continues to remain incredibly on top of the moment, he'd get my unwavering support if this process ever takes place again.
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                    Too bad Chip Hale hasn't been around long enough. Imho, Chip's one of the best thirdbase coaches the Mets have ever had. I'd been thinking he was good all month, but last night's pinpoint instructions to Pagán reinforced my opinion. If he sticks around and continues to remain incredibly on top of the moment, he'd get my unwavering support if this process ever takes place again.
                    Milla,my friend,I couldn't have said it better myself.I am glad Chip is not the Braves third base coach otherwise Escobar would have scored in
                    yesterday's name and not have that meltdown which is a gift for us that I'll gladly take.That play could have been the difference maker instead
                    of us winning the game but obviously I'm glad it worked out the way it did as it's another win in the ledger.
                    "You don't give up any runs,we'll guarantee you
                    at least a tie." ~ Grote to Koosman

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X